Caribou Gear Tarp

CO Mule Deer Units 11/211 3rd rifle info

opyff

The family and I drove from Meeker on up to Maybell and saw some pretty awesome bucks right along the highway chasing does mid day. Was just wondering if anyone had good information on these areas. Is it even worth putting in for a tag or will I be old before I draw one? How tough is it to get on private land? Is there good success hunting public land? I've never applied for a CO tag, is there anything tricky to know about when applying? Thanks for any info

My wife and I elk hunted the Crawford ranch, 10 miles NW of Meeker, in 2015. Never saw a single mule deer in 7 days of hunting.

The family and I drove from Meeker on up to Maybell and saw some pretty awesome bucks right along the highway chasing does mid day. Was just wondering if anyone had good information on these areas. Is it even worth putting in for a tag or will I be old before I draw one? How tough is it to get on private land? Is there good success hunting public land? I've never applied for a CO tag, is there anything tricky to know about when applying? Thanks for any info

I just hunted the area north of that 3/301 during 2nd rifle and had an absolute blast. I looked up that unit on GoHunt for you but would recommend signing up as it has been very beneficial. According to GoHunt, the harvest success was 80% in 2015 and 76% in 2016 so with 43% public land so I think your odds are good. As for drawing a tag, it will take 4pts to draw a 3nd rifle but only 1pt to draw a 2nd rifle. I can personally say I watched a lot of deer on the 211 side of maybell from where I was sitting on the unit 3 side.

My wife and I elk hunted the Crawford ranch, 10 miles NW of Meeker, in 2015. Never saw a single mule deer in 7 days of hunting.

Warmer, I wanted to share a private message with you regarding your post above but your inbox is full.

Mark

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back