CO Hugo SWA Camping #113 Late Season

drno32

Has anyone camped in Hugo SWA during late season?

I'm burning my vacation days for better hunts in the fall. Planning to drive from COS after work and camp to get a jump on the speed goats a little further east where I've had luck before. I'll have just the one full day off to hunt. Went by there last year in October and it looked crowded but this time will be December.

Last edited:
How do you plan to legally hunt goats in unit 113 in December when the seasons all close in that unit on October 31!

How do you plan to legally hunt goats in unit 113 in December when the seasons all close in that unit on October 31!

Topgun unit 113 in Colorado has a December doe hunt has to be the hunt he's referring to.

One problem with the crowding is that hugo swa is about the only public around. I'm sure it'll be less crowded in December but it'll have it's own challenges.

Topgun unit 113 in Colorado has a December doe hunt has to be the hunt he's referring to.

One problem with the crowding is that hugo swa is about the only public around. I'm sure it'll be less crowded in December but it'll have it's own challenges.

OK, thanks for the clarification. I though CO just stood for the first part of the place he was talking about and didn't realize that was the state he was referring to and didn't have time to look it up last night--my bad!

Yes I have the late season doe tag.

And thanks for the heads up, I'll probably give it try anyway. I won't be hunting in Hugo, just camping and hunting east of there.

Might have company with late plains deer hunters for the camping spots. Seems there were quite a few there when I had a tag many years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back