Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Co Gun bear with archery elk allowed?

The callout in the brochure is correct, but not particularly straightforward.

Here is the statute.
1622301968714.png

The law states that everyone with a rifle, muzzy or centerfire, has to wear blaze. Call alway that’s the law, it’s been that way for decades. Every year I see people flout it every year I see people get tickets.
I don't break the law but I didn't write it either. I said I was going to check on it. It's pretty plain they wrote it as an exception. I want to know why?

I've been doing this longer that you, so don't get mad at me. I've never gotten a ticket for a reason.

I don't break the law but I didn't write it either. I said I was going to check on it. It's pretty plain they wrote it as an exception. I want to know why?

I've been doing this longer that you, so don't get mad at me. I've never gotten a ticket for a reason.
The exception is archery hunting.

Circulating incorrect information that could get others in legal trouble is irresponsible.

I don’t care what you choose to do.

You're something else. All I said was I was going to check it. I didn't circulate a damn thing.

Yes, you care enough to bust my chops about it. Even when not called for.

Isn't anybody curious why it was written this way and if wrong they're made aware of it.

Everybody is responsible to know the law themselves. Not what I say or you.

I drew Co Limited rifle bear Sept during archery this year, needed couple pts to draw. This is second tag I've drawn in 10yrs for this unit.

This what I have to wear, limited Sept. rifle bear season. A fluores-cent orange or pink hat or head covering, visible from all directions, is also required.

You're something else. All I said was I was going to check it. I didn't circulate a damn thing.

Yes, you care enough to bust my chops about it. Even when not called for.

Isn't anybody curious why it was written this way and if wrong they're made aware of it.

Everybody is responsible to know the law themselves. Not what I say or you.
My response was as much to @ShinOakMZ as it was to you.

I'm not busting anyone's chops, I'm stating the regulation.

It's written that way because, the law is that you must wear blaze during all rifle seasons if you are hunting big game, IE If you are hunting with a bow during 3rd rifle you still have to wear blaze.

The callout is saying that the only exception to the rule is during the Archery season, which overlaps, rifle bear, rifle early deer, and muzzy. During the specific Archery season for elk and deer, archery hunters get an exemption from blaze. During the rest of the hunting season they do not and have to wear blaze.

That's how it should be written but it isn't. They made an exception for the rifle bear season and they shouldn't have.

I have a feeling they may be surprised to see it if they don't already know about it.
Either that or we're all going to be surprised by what they say.

It's written that way because, the law is that you must wear blaze during all rifle seasons if you are hunting big game, IE If you are hunting with a bow during 3rd rifle you still have to wear blaze.

The callout is saying that the only exception to the rule is during the Archery season, which overlaps, rifle bear, rifle early deer, and muzzy. During the specific Archery season for elk and deer, archery hunters get an exemption from blaze. During the rest of the hunting season they do not and have to wear blaze.

I made the statement based on what the book say blaze for all “except limited Sept. bear”, the rifle bear hunters I talked to last year were not wearing orange and quoted it. I typically hunt muzzy or archery, and wear blaze. My apologies for muddying up the waters, but regs should written where no confusion can exist.

I made the statement based on what the book say blaze for all “except limited Sept. bear”, the rifle bear hunters I talked to last year were not wearing orange and quoted it. I typically hunt muzzy or archery, and wear blaze. My apologies for muddying up the waters, but regs should written where no confusion can exist.

I'm glad you brought it up. I wasn't aware of it and i'll call Tues to find out what's going on.

My apologies for muddying up the waters, but regs should written where no confusion can exist.
Yet many are written with the exact intent of forming "gray" areas that can always allow a ticket to be written.

Muley stalker says he has never gotten a ticket cause he follows the rules... He has just never run into the wrong warden.

Yet many are written with the exact intent of forming "gray" areas that can always allow a ticket to be written.

Muley stalker says he has never gotten a ticket cause he follows the rules... He has just never run into the wrong warden.
You sound like you're speaking from experience? Tell me about it. I'm curious.

All you have to do is check Co 2021 hunt reg page 15 upper right corner. What I post was from that page. If someone wasn't wear orange last year on that limited bear tag they should of been turn in.

No idea why that is making any difference in my calling the DOW Tues? I'm asking about 2021 not last year. I want to know how a mistake can be made like that? It's not like a typo.
Hunters will read this years brochure and think they don't need to wear BO.
Let's not be so quick to get someone a ticket. Let's fix the brochure. Everybody reads it.

No idea why that is making any difference in my calling the DOW Tues? I'm asking about 2021 not last year. I want to know how a mistake can be made like that? It's not like a typo.
Hunters will read this years brochure and think they don't need to wear BO.
Let's not be so quick to get someone a ticket. Let's fix the brochure. Everybody reads it.
Agreed, it is written poorly. I emailed Dan Prenzlow and a number of other CPW folks about it. Hopefully they will consider a revision for next year.

Agreed, it is written poorly. I emailed Dan Prenzlow and a number of other CPW folks about it. Hopefully they will consider a revision for next year.

Ok, I won't bother calling if you're working on it.

I wouldn't think all Colorado hunters have computers. Maybe they do in 2021. For those who might not. There only source for the hunting laws is the brochure they get in the mail. It wouldn't be right to give them a ticket for what the brochure says is legal. That's a ticket that will be lost in court.

To be honest. I actually like my BO hunting vest. It's made by Browning and has two nice front pockets. Those are handy for small items while hunting. I'd miss them.

Ok, I won't bother calling if you're working on it.

I wouldn't think all Colorado hunters have computers. Maybe they do in 2021. For those who might not. There only source for the hunting laws is the brochure they get in the mail. It wouldn't be right to give them a ticket for what the brochure says is legal. That's a ticket that will be lost in court.

To be honest. I actually like my BO hunting vest. It's made by Browning and has two nice front pockets. Those are handy for small items while hunting. I'd miss them.
@ShinOakMZ
1622743338784.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back