CO draw report

longtail55

Can someone confirm why someone with a lower amount of PP's drew a tag over others with higher PP's ? does that have something to do with returning a tag after you drew it? or something with the allocation %

group applications generally are what skew the data that way.

person A in group has 12 points
person B in group has 4 points

tag took 8 points, but the group is anchored at 4 points therefore guy A and B did not draw. but guy A still shows up in the results as an applicant with 12 points that didn't draw.

take a look at 2019 AM-003-O1-R, my wife drew it on the initial draw with 7 pp, and it wasn't a returned tag or anything, issued on the initial drawing. If you look at the "drawn out" pp it says "9 pp, 18 of 69". People with 5 pp drew it. That would mean 240 people in the 6-9 pp range had a group partner with less than 5 pp and that's why they didn't draw. 51 of 69 people with 9 pp lost their draw opportunity to people with 5 pp, because they had a group member with less than 5 pp. I guess that's possible, but hard to believe. I thought I heard somewhere about giving "some" tags out to people with less pp, some sort of bonus point type of thing. (deer, elk, antelope tags). Was that just a rumor I heard?

take a look at 2019 AM-003-O1-R, my wife drew it on the initial draw with 7 pp, and it wasn't a returned tag or anything, issued on the initial drawing. If you look at the "drawn out" pp it says "9 pp, 18 of 69". People with 5 pp drew it. That would mean 240 people in the 6-9 pp range had a group partner with less than 5 pp and that's why they didn't draw. 51 of 69 people with 9 pp lost their draw opportunity to people with 5 pp, because they had a group member with less than 5 pp. I guess that's possible, but hard to believe. I thought I heard somewhere about giving "some" tags out to people with less pp, some sort of bonus point type of thing. (deer, elk, antelope tags). Was that just a rumor I heard?

1647636728180.png

240 people in the 6-9 point range were in a random drawing it would seem to me. technically everyone with 5 or more points had a random shot at 20% of the tags. but pretty much everyone under 9 or 10 points only had a shot at the random tags.

i used the word "generally" in my first post on purpose ;)

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back