CO 2021 Deer Tag Filled

publichunter1

Well I only had a day and a half to hunt due to work but the good Lord and I made it happen. I ended up killing him at my plan A spot for once. I do want to say thank you to those who shared info about the area.

I went over and scouted a day and a half early which paid dividends. Some other guys came in and blew out the bigger buck I was after but I couldn’t pass up this guy one hour into the season opener.

This was probably my last time hunting Colorado now that my kids are getting old enough to hunt out here and I’ll get Wyoming tags every year. I will definitely miss third season CO deer tags and hunting them in the rut though.

93526CE8-BCAC-4584-B759-BCB3D70B4280.jpeg D8503F31-5D9F-4BC0-AD7A-7911E408B478.jpeg
02915212-8A14-478E-B987-6061A9FDB327.jpeg 7EFE13E4-B9AF-4F6F-8B34-15DA38E72B3C.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats on the buck.

BTW - It is going to suck having to only hunt Wyoming every year. 😃
Haha. Oh don't worry I have lifetime hunting license in Idaho too so I will have elk and deer tags there too. I just won’t get to hunt 3 states like this year. 😂

If I can find a financial backer I would be more than happy to but we will already be hunting Idaho (we all have lifetime hunting/fishing license) and Wyoming (resident). 😁
You will never regret more hunting. At least buy them points. My girl loved hunting until she graduated. Now she will help me carry my stuff back in the house when I come back. 🙄

You will never regret more hunting. At least buy them points. My girl loved hunting until she graduated. Now she will help me carry my stuff back in the house when I come back. 🙄
No doubt but between all the WY and Idaho tags I think we will be maxing out leave and hopefully all the freezers. Not to mention hunting in MS when we go to see family for the holidays.

Congrats on a great buck! I have a 4th rife elk tag for that area. Did you see any elk? Wondering if they started the migration yet?
Yes there were some elk in that area opening morning but there were twenty something hunters firing on them at daylight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back