Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

CO 201 Antelope - Doe Tag

BrokenArrow

So, I figured I'd never get to see CO 201 as a hunter unless I went after archery antelope doe. Not a highly sought after tag by most.
Well, I drew 1 of 5.
I also don't know a damn thing about hunting unit 201.

I've done rafting trips through Ladore and Dinosaur canyons. So, I drove the roads for shuttles and kept my eye out for monster elk.
Guess what, they don't live in the middle of the road, contrary to what a lot of hunters think. We were too far from the mtn to see any.

But, I did see antelope around the 72 road area and that's it. I've heard that lopes are few and far between up there. Hence only 5 tags allocated.
Can anyone confirm that?
Anyone ever hunted it?

Thanks in advance, I know these are rare tags. JW

I also saw them around 72. You should be able to find a doe out there somewhere. I heard bigger bucks lurk closer to WY and I believe it as I saw tons if goats in WY north if the border all the way up to Rt. 80, but you are not after those so who cares. Get your doe early, get her on ice, then do some hiking in the hills and you will see the elk and deer, and great scenery all around. relax and enjoy!

I also saw them around 72. You should be able to find a doe out there somewhere. I heard bigger bucks lurk closer to WY and I believe it as I saw tons if goats in WY north if the border all the way up to Rt. 80, but you are not after those so who cares. Get your doe early, get her on ice, then do some hiking in the hills and you will see the elk and deer, and great scenery all around. relax and enjoy!
Sounds like my kind of hunt! I can't wait to run around that place. It kind of chunks up my elk archery season, but when would I ever get this chance again!

Ive seen antelope on the utah side of 201 between colorado and george resivoir
Interesting. Thank you. I appreciate it.
I'll fill in the rest of the story when I get it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back