Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

climbing tree stands

I have a Summit Viper. I have used it quite a bit over the years and it has been great. Would highly recommend one.

Not light weight, but I like an Ol' Man climber. For my light weight stuff, I use Lone Wolf lock ons.

Viper Goliath because I am fat...lol spend from sun up to sundown in it many days, comfortable and very safe, own 3 of them.

C

I have summit Viper, API Bowhunter, and Lone Wolf Alpha II and sticks. The summit and API are both more comfortable then the LW, but the LW is way better balanced and lighter. Also climbers require a lot more thought on what tree you can climb. I like the cable on the Summit, better then the chain on the API. The API was the cheapest and the LW the most expensive.

I've got a summit, lone wolf and a treewalker. Summit hasn't been used for years. The treewalker is the most comfortable, not far from my millennium M100 hang on. It also sticks to the tree like nothing else because of the lags that bite in. The downsides would be that it isn't as compact when packing in and isn't quite as silent as the LW. I have found myself using the LW more and more lately since I added the hazmore seat. It packs in nice and flat and is dead quiet on a tree.
Summits aren't bad stands; however, the walker does pretty much everything the Summit does only better. Oh, and it's also made in the USA. Summits are made in China.

Its not light weight and you can't get them anymore, but I would hate to give up my tree lounge. Ill haul the extra few pounds for total comfort. :)

There are only two choices, Lone Wolf or Summit. LW is better from what I read but more money. I went with the Summit Viper and am happy with it.

My answer depends on what type of hunting you'll be doing. If it's your typical run-and-gun type stuff with archery tackle, I think Lone Wolf is the better option. If you'll be doing some long sits, or rifle hunting out of it, then I look for anything besides LW. Those things just aren't that comfortable.

When it comes to run-and-gun hunting, I've really come to love using a hang-on with a set of climbing sticks. Tree doesn't have to be bare or straight to get up into it, and you can leave a lot more cover on the tree. Only drawback is that unless you want to pony up for some of the super high end stuff, packing in a stand and sticks is very bulky.

Muddy's sticks look about the best, but I have a set from Gorilla that I bought a few years back and I really enjoy using them.
http://shop.gomuddy.com/product-category/tree-stand-climbing-systems/

Back