Yeti GOBOX Collection

Cleaning Vise

mrmedora

So I searched the threads first, and was surprised not to find one regarding gun cleaning vises. I've got the itch to get me one, and thought I'd throw it out here for some reviews from "real" users. I see that you can get them as strictly vises, and vise/sighting system combos. I'm leaning towards just the cleaning vise variety. My thought is "do one thing, and do it well". Let me know what ya like, and what ya don't.
Thanks, Scott

You said cleaning vise only, but I use my Caldwell tack driver setup and it works great. Especially on range day.

So I searched the threads first, and was surprised not to find one regarding gun cleaning vises. I've got the itch to get me one, and thought I'd throw it out here for some reviews from "real" users. I see that you can get them as strictly vises, and vise/sighting system combos. I'm leaning towards just the cleaning vise variety. My thought is "do one thing, and do it well". Let me know what ya like, and what ya don't.
Thanks, Scott

I have the Tipton, and it works great for a lot of things besides just cleaning like scope mounting, etc. It's a little bit more spendy, but worth it. It has different configurations to use for whatever firearm you might have.

I use the tipton and it works great, I like it because of the partitions underneath for jags and brushes, bore guide, scope mounts and screws whatever. Lot's off room to work, the rounded sections are great too if you have a solvent or oil that comes in bulk. Easy to dip a patch and go to work.

By popular opinion, I picked up the Tipton over the weekend while we were down in the Hills. Thanks for the advise, and look forward to using it this week.

Scott

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back