Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Cleaning my backpack

BillDoe708

I purchased a mystery ranch pip up 38 this summer. Some how it got dirty and blood on it while I was elk hunting in CO. ;)

I have taken a brush to it and vacuumed off the zippers. What is my best bet for giving it a good cleaning?

A good old fashion garden hose works. If you can, fill your bathtub with warm water, throw some Woolite in it and soak your pack overnight.

The water won't hurt the frame?
Nope.

General cleaning tips;

- Use cold water, generally speaking don’t use hot water to clean out door gear as it “sets” organic stains

-Best way to get out blood is hydrogen peroxide, poor some on the stain let it sit for a bit then wash.

-Dawn is great for grease/mud

-Oil, WD40 let sit for 30 min then some dish soap and wash

-Pen ink, acetone… ie nail polish remover.

I took the pressure washer to mine. Hopefully I got it all out or it will probably be stinking any time now.

Mine's an EXO so I remove it from the frame but I use a tote and cold water in the shower. Takes 10 mins and its clean.

Always use cold water for blood.

Throw it in the washer on delicate. I used to play the bathtub game and then realized that if the pack can’t withstand a delicate cycle, it probably shouldn’t be in the woods either.

Choose a suitable stain remover and a small brush to make it easy to apply the product to the soiled surface. Do not use bleach - you risk irrevocably destroying a good thing. The tool tries to destroy the dirt within half an hour. Then you can put it in the wash, if necessary. When I bought a backpack, I also bought dragon rings, which I sometimes took off and put in a backpack. And once I put the backpack to be erased along with the rings. Rip washer... Therefore, before washing, be sure to check that the backpack is empty. There are quality and stylish backpacks on the site where I bought the rings. You can take a look.

Last edited:
Back