Clean Water Act - F&S piece by Hal Herring

Thanks for the reminder. I just commented. I hope others do the same.

I'm tired of this notion that we can/should/will degrade resources today, passing the costs to future generations; and make no mistake, there will be costs. We're already hanging trillions of dollars of Federal Treasury debt around the necks of our children and grandchildren. Evidently that's not enough, so the gray-haired folks in charge want to place these future liabilities at the feet of the next generation.

Pretty sure, when measured by the historians, my generation will go down as the most selfish, short-sighted, generation America ever produced. I was born in the last year of the Baby Boom. Advocating for more polluted water, such as this rule change allows, only serves to confirm my statement of the current generation in charge of America.

For all the current administrations bluster about American first I can't understand this push. Not only does it degrade America, our environment, but it doesn't even help us economically.

Part of the reason US oil has done well in recent years is the huge Canadian differential due to take away costs, why are we suddenly going to help them out. Crushing is already having capacity issues with SCOOP-STACK production and the Permian has had take away issues from the inception of fracking. I for the life of me can't understand why any American citizen supports destroying our ecosystem to prop up Canadian oil companies.

Maybe I've spent to much time at the desk this week. This entire head fake bullshit by DC insiders compelled me to post on our FB page and hope a few of the 70K followers comment on this dumb ass proposed rule change.

Hmmm, no matter what politics anyone espouses, everyone I've ever met claims to like clean water; I do. I've never encountered anyone specifically asking for a glass of "polluted water" at the restaurant. Never seen a beer commercial promote "dirty, sediment-laden, nitrate water" as the core of their brand. If so, I guess they could call it "MUD Light" and have a tag line, "Drink Until You Glow!"

Attacks on the Clean Water Act have me wondering, "Since when are we Americans, the folks who claim to have the world's best ideas, in favor of polluted water, dirtier water, water unfit to drink?"

I was eight years-old when the Clean Water Act was passed. Fishing got better every year of my life. Rivers stopped catching on fire. Everyone I know benefited from this change that was overwhelmingly supported. Have we had it all wrong for the last fourty-five years? I don't think so. I think Americans like cleaner water, not dirtier water.

Enough from me. If you like clean water, read this piece from my good friend Hal Herring and follow the links to comment against drinking polluted water. If you like dirty, polluted water, you can ignore this post and crack open a can of your MUD Light.

Link here if you care to share -

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAWMIA
Back