Yeti GOBOX Collection

clarkston montana

tsswitchback

I may have a chance to elk hunt near Clarkston montana in 2015,anyone have an opinion on this area.
just not sure about leaving our spot in western Colorado for a new spot.

Never thought I'd see clarkston montana on hunt talk:). Awesome! It actually has plenty of elk in and around the area. If you have access to the brainerd or Biggs ranch its a go for sure. CA and Bar None would be fun too--- :) not much for public land

Never a bad idea to try new hunts and areas. Period. Couldn't you simply go back to hunting your western Colo spot the next year if wanted?

I "get" that a lot of guys have blinders on and will only hunt the same spots, drainages, tree stand, etc year after year, but i am nit one of them. Wanderlust I guess, but love learning new areas, and no doubt at the expense of failing to really 'know' the area left behind.

Example. Last year i arrowed my bull, buck, and bear in an area I have gone to a few times. This year I drove past that area to scout and hunt a different area with the same tags. Killed nothing but had a great time and now have what I consider two solid options. Never set foot on the tried and true spot this year despite it being on the route to the new one.

All I will offer is be careful.Clarkston is FULL of whack jobs trying to fly under the radar.

All I will offer is be careful.Clarkston is FULL of whack jobs trying to fly under the radar.
That seems to be borne out by a series of incidents and criminal activities by a few individuals from the "Ponderosa Pines" ranchette subdivision in that area.

However, the Horseshoe Hills' habitat holds nice populations of elk and mule deer, so IF you can obtain access, the hunting may be very good.

I
know what you mean by trying new areas,just adds a little bit of something extra suppost be some friend of one of my buddies that said he could hook us up.not sure about what type of hunt he is talking about but Im more of a diy type myself. not sure if this will happen or not but thought I would start asking early.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back