Cibola WMA

Cameron Hunt

Here is a question to any one who has hunted the Cibola area.. Are there any areas to hunt other than the state sites, ie private farm land or perhaps any areas that are not as restrictive as the WMA itself ?
I have been reviewing all the rules pertaining to the WMA and man do they ever have you jumping through hoops... Check in time, number in hunting party, shot size, max # of shells, # of decoys as a min and max. end times. and the list goes on and on. I would like to hunt snow and canada geese this year there, or close to there if some one knows of a place that isnt so damn rule ridden. Feel free to let me know of any other place..

Cibola isn`t bad if you go in the middle of the week, but i do remember some private clubs that have some fields along the way....its been about 5 years wish i had some info for you... maybe do a search of private clubs in the Blythe area.....
but if you haven`t tried Cibola you should, its a kick.....You get a blind and the geese come in by the thousands and it was only a few bucks "cheap" the warden at the morning lotto [draw for blinds are very helpfull]

Thanks CJ. I have been reading a bit about it and it does sound like a good place to try, just thought there were tooo many damn rules.

If you want thousands of geese, you should go hunt in Wa. with Kraven and I sometime. 80 thousand snows geese in the migration and nothing to have 10k in your dekes.

If you would be interested in going sometime let me know.
I will read up on what it takes to draw a blind.

They want you to let the Honkers actually land in your decoys before shooting. Friends of mine were talked to because they did not let them actually land in the decoys even though they killed 5 or 6 six at a time.
It's tough to pass up 10-20 yard shots just because they aren't landing. There are Lots of geese there in peak migration.

An option would be to head south down the river towards Yuma. Or to give up goose hunting in AZ and take a drive to somewhere that actully has geese. I have been down there trying to do the same thing you were doing and it isnt worth my time. So i head to the texas panhandle to shoot. Its only a 9 hr drive and you are hunting under 300,000 plus, in one area.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back