Christensen Arms Mesa 7mm

Going to buy a new 7mm for this year. I owned a Tikka before, but after several trips to the range, there’s starting to be some accuracy problems (the Tikka is nearly 20 years old at this point). Won’t consistently hold groups with various types of ammo.

I own a Ridgeline in 6.5-284, and it shoots great. I just don’t care for the 26” barrels of the Ridgeline. Difficult to find a scabbard that fits and 26” barrel length is obnoxious to pack on a pack thru timber.

How does the Mesa compare accuracy and shooting wise to the Ridgeline? Open to suggestions for other lighter weight 7 Mags, but I like the feel of the Christensen Arms stocks and actions. Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

I bought a CA Mesa last year in 7rem mag. It’s been a fun gun to shoot. I got my deer and two elk with it last year. I own a lot of Weatherby rifles and tend to be biased towards them. But I do enjoy the Mesa. Not the lightest rifle out there. But like you said the stock feels great and the action is the traditional rem 700 action. I’d buy another. As for accuracy I’ve never shot a ridge line but the Mesa is a sub moa rifle. Loves Barnes lrx 145 gr. Did great with 160 accubonds too.

Mine shoots good, don’t know if it makes a difference but it’s left handed. I know they can be hit or miss. I’m glad I got a good one.

I have the CA Mesa in 7mm08 and I love it. It's been a great little gun so far and it's a joy to pack compared to other rifles I own. I'd love to work up a load with some 140 accubonds but have yet to find any for a reasonable price since the shortage began.

I bought a CA Mesa last year in 7rem mag. It’s been a fun gun to shoot. I got my deer and two elk with it last year. I own a lot of Weatherby rifles and tend to be biased towards them. But I do enjoy the Mesa. Not the lightest rifle out there. But like you said the stock feels great and the action is the traditional rem 700 action. I’d buy another. As for accuracy I’ve never shot a ridge line but the Mesa is a sub moa rifle. Loves Barnes lrx 145 gr. Did great with 160 accubonds too.
How does it compare to the Mark Vs?

Have you considered rebarreling the Tikka?

I have a Mesa in 7mag but have yet to really shoot it as I was saving up for optics. My wife surprised me with the scope I wanted for our anniversary so I’m planning on getting out and testing some loads in the next week or two.

The cheap Norma 150gr grouped about 1.5 during a very hasty field zero during deer season. I expect I’ll get better results with better ammo and concentration.

Reactions: DFS
How does it compare to the Mark Vs?
The biggest standout for me between the mark v and the Mesa is action. The weatherby action on the mark v are my favorite. As for accuracy I feel like they shoot very similarly. Both accurate and sub moa. Weight is similar.

I have the 7mm Mesa. Mine shoots great for me with my loads..
Never shot Ridgeline..

I was in the same boat considering the mesa in 7mm-08 and mag.. Thankyou guys for the replies very helpful. Haven’t heard of one that hasn’t shot well yet. I’m in now

Have you considered rebarreling the Tikka?

I have a Mesa in 7mag but have yet to really shoot it as I was saving up for optics. My wife surprised me with the scope I wanted for our anniversary so I’m planning on getting out and testing some loads in the next week or two.

The cheap Norma 150gr grouped about 1.5 during a very hasty field zero during deer season. I expect I’ll get better results with better ammo and concentration.
Yeah I have. I need to price it out though.

My version of the Mesa is the scheels one. Just a little different paint scheme that’s it.

I just got a Mesa in 7mm Mag. Only tried two loads thru it so far. Both shot MOA. 160 Barnes TSX and cheap Norma 150 grain. I actually got slightly better groups with the cheaper stuff but not by much. It is a very nice rifle. Great stock and balances really well. Nice that it comes with a Trigger Tech trigger from the factory. Now I really want one in 7mm-08...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back