Christensen Arms Mesa Thoughts

RugerHawg413

Hello,
I currently have a Christensen Arms Mesa .300 win mag, that I bought probably a year ago and just haven't shot or even mounted a scope on it yet. I have considered selling it, but I wanted to get other opinions on this particular rifle (Mesa Model). If you have had any experience with one of these rifles (the Mesa Model), please let me know your thoughts on them, good or bad. All info and wisdom is very appreciated!

I have two Mesa's. A 7mm Rem Mag and 7mm08. They are both pretty solid rifles, but I'm not sure they are worth the price increase over a standard Rem 700. Only gripe with the rifle is that the bolt on the 7mm mag is kinda sticky, especially after shooting. They handle well and are plenty accurate, but I found them to be a bit finicky on ammo. I like that the short action models weight much less.

I have two Mesa's. A 7mm Rem Mag and 7mm08. They are both pretty solid rifles, but I'm not sure they are worth the price increase over a standard Rem 700. Only gripe with the rifle is that the bolt on the 7mm mag is kinda sticky, especially after shooting. They handle well and are plenty accurate, but I found them to be a bit finicky on ammo. I like that the short action models weight much less.
Thank you for the info!

I have one in a 7mm Rem, and I really like it. Have only shot partitions out of it, and it's accurate. Probably will switch up this year to tipped triple shocks. I wish I would've put a better scope on it, but it's great for a backcountry rifle. Cycles smooth, looks good, and has a natural feel when you bring it to your shoulder.

I have one in a 7mm Rem, and I really like it. Have only shot partitions out of it, and it's accurate. Probably will switch up this year to tipped triple shocks. I wish I would've put a better scope on it, but it's great for a backcountry rifle. Cycles smooth, looks good, and has a natural feel when you bring it to your shoulder.
Awesome! Thanks for the info!

I bought the scheels Mesa colors in 7rem mag. Things a shooter. The fore end is more flexible then I care for. But it groups well with Barnes 145 LRX and Accubond 160.

Last edited:
I have one in .308 Win and like it. It shoots well, carries great, and is a good mid-weight rifle. I do like the stock a lot. It fits me well.

I love my Mesa 300 Win Mag! 2 elk and a bison with it. I should Federal 180g Nosler partition ammo out of it. Clean it and then re-dirty it with 5 rounds and I get sub MOA.

Hello,
I currently have a Christensen Arms Mesa .300 win mag, that I bought probably a year ago and just haven't shot or even mounted a scope on it yet. I have considered selling it, but I wanted to get other opinions on this particular rifle (Mesa Model). If you have had any experience with one of these rifles (the Mesa Model), please let me know your thoughts on them, good or bad. All info and wisdom is very appreciated!
I have the a Mesa 300 with a Leupold VX-3i, worked up a load and absolutely love it! Shes money out to 800

1697426843953.jpeg
Shooting off a backpack with the 150 TTSX

I’m just having a little fun here. .75” with two touching is damn fine work.

All I can say in the end is that if my CA didn’t group, it’s probably me that’s the culprit.

Nice work indeed there. :)

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back