Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Choke Tubes

Kraven

Well I am taking the plunge and getting a new choke Tube for Gobbler season this year.I have decided to go with the Rhino,yes I know they are a bit on the spendy side but so is everything else to do with hunting.I have been reading quite a bit on it on the NWTF site.Along with the Nitro shells this combination throws quite the pattern.Tomorrow I am ordering the choke and in a couple weeks I will order some shells to go with the choke.I will post a pic of my patterns here after I get it all together.Hopefully this will improve my pattern on my 835.

well here we got huntin darts good ones called blow guns work well i imagine i hear they good for dart boards heck best thing do i would think hit animal with it then it slowed down or falls i think then shoot it so dont suffer but i thought i say somethin in case u havent heard of it yet

Kraven..Good luck with your new choke tube... We'll be interested in checking out the results...

I shoot a Kick's GT .665" in my 3" 11-87... It patterns well enough for sure kills at 40-45 yards, which is as far as I want to shoot anyway.. Technology has improved considerably in the choke tube/ turkey load field in the last few years..Some guys are getting some pretty amazing patterns... Actually, for myself, I'd rather not get a gun that shoots TOO tight... I'm not the STEADIEST hand when the bird gets in range and the adrenaline starts to flow, and I think that a slightly larger pattern helps to compensate for that, especially when , due to cover or other circumstances, the bird gets a little TOO close... With tiny patterns at close range you had better be RIGHT on or it is easy to miss.. I prefer to shoot my birds between 25 and 35 yards, but if course it doesn't always work out that way...

Well finally got around to patterning this set up yesterday.My 835 performed great with the Rhino .695 choke and the Nitro 3.5" 4X5X7 hevi shot loads.Heres a pic of the pattern at 35 yards with 391 hits in a 12 inch circle,I hit a touch low and to the left but I think that was my fault.
DSC00635.JPG

Awesome pattern, Kraven... You gonna pattern it at longer ranges...?? It certainly is MORE than dense enough at 35 yards...

Ya man you better shoot it a couple more times to make sure that you are on !!!!!!!. I dont want to have to unscrew your choke tube and shove it in my New 835 because you missed. lol

Kraven... Be sure to share that 45 yard pattern with us.. I'm willing to bet it will be a KILLER..

When does your spring season open..??

I'll be hunting April 25th in Ontario and then in NY on May 1...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back