Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Chesapeake Bay Conservation Petition

I'll take a permanent ban. Kneecapping the ecosystem grinding up forage fish for meal and oil.

Don’t forget the bycatch- there’s sportfish all around the big schools of bait, and they’re killing the hell out of those, too.

The astonishing part about this whole thing is that Omega has been able to do this with virtual impunity for my entire life, regardless of how many federal laws they've broken. It literally took that spill of thousands of dead bull redfish occurring on a beach where the governor of a mid Atlantic state was physically located for politicians to start caring

The astonishing part about this whole thing is that Omega has been able to do this with virtual impunity for my entire life, regardless of how many federal laws they've broken. It literally took that spill of thousands of dead bull redfish occurring on a beach where the governor of a mid Atlantic state was physically located for politicians to start caring
What recourse does the public have? Can we sue them in federal court for violation of operating permits? Can we force enforcement agencies to bring the hammer down?

They are illegally killing off a public resource that has been brought back from annihilation by the blood, sweat, tears, and most importantly- dollars- of the public.

What recourse does the public have?

Not much, as it turns out. They've been caught, cited, fined and continue to generally disregard the law. I have personally documented and reported their boats deploying fishing gear in a shipping channel, and their track record of dumping waste onto beaches is well documented for years before this latest scandal.

All this to line the pockets of a foreign company.

What recourse does the public have? Can we sue them in federal court for violation of operating permits? Can we force enforcement agencies to bring the hammer down?

They are illegally killing off a public resource that has been brought back from annihilation by the blood, sweat, tears, and most importantly- dollars- of the public.

Guys. Enough is enough. This is what the Virginia Marine Resources Commission thinks about the health of the Bay:

Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 8.16.36 AM.png

This is pissing on our backs and calling it rain- VMRC essentially decided to do nothing. If you live on or care about the Chesapeake Bay, I implore you to write your reps and Governor Youngkin and tell them that this has to stop.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back