MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Cheek Risers

R

rwc101

What, if anything, do you use for a cheek riser on your hunting rifle? I notice the need for some elevation at the range, but I can't say I have ever thought about it while hunting.

I like the Triad Tactical stock packs. They provide all of the elevation I need and hold some ammo and a ballistic card. They feel nice and cozy, too.

I used a Bradley BUL for a little while. I wanted simple and the non adjustable fit the bill, and was light. It was solid.

In the long run I transitioned to stocks with lower drop at comb (.35-.40), and with a moderate objective bell I get a good cheek weld and view. I would use one again if the situation called for it. I don’t like having my ammo hanging out there but I kinda like that zippered one @MTLabrador linked.

Bradley BUL

I have a rigid foam riser on my mossberg slug gun that is made by mossberg. On my savage rifle I build it up using layers of peel-and-stick medical foam, wrapped in cohesive tape, so I can adjust the dimensions to my exact shape and height for comfort.

I’ve been eyeballing both the Triad and the PIG. One concern I have is how tight the shock cord will stay on the PIG. Probably lean towards the Triad for that reason alone. Other than that they look about identical.

I have a pig on three rifles and have really liked them so far. They’re going on three years and no issues with the cords yet. I had the same concern but I like that it doesn’t collect anything like Velcro can

Not sure when you were looking to purchase, skd has 10% off their site for Presidents’ Day just in case you’re interested in the pig pack

Chunk of foam pipe insulation wrapped with coban strectch medical tape. I'm cheap but it works quite well. What works at the range is not always the best for the field though.
I do this and cover the whole mess with a stretch nylon ammo carrier

I put the Midway pro cheek riser on my mountain rifle. Cheap and functional. The zipper pouch is neat.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back