Checking in

Shangobango

Haven’t been on much lately and thought I would check in. Have cut way back on my personal screen time over the last few months, not counting football.

Things are wide open at work as we are growing by leaps and bounds there. Things are also wide open on the farm trying to keep it growing. With the price of feed it is a challenge and forced me to put in more time planting cool season forage than usual to help offset some costs. I enjoy the farm work so no complaints there. Can’t wait to “retire” and farm full time.

Third day to hunt at home in Louisiana this season and the season is 6 weeks old. Haven’t hunted this little since the last time fur prices were up. It is now or never. The next 6 to 8 weeks the deer will be rutting somewhere around here.

Hope everyone is well.

E17B5C84-A339-4BCC-A2F4-0476AA09839E.jpeg

Haven’t been on much lately and thought I would check in. Have cut way back on my personal screen time over the last few months, not counting football.

Things are wide open at work as we are growing by leaps and bounds there. Things are also wide open on the farm trying to keep it growing. With the price of feed it is a challenge and forced me to put in more time planting cool season forage than usual to help offset some costs. I enjoy the farm work so no complaints there. Can’t wait to “retire” and farm full time.

Third day to hunt at home in Louisiana this season and the season is 6 weeks old. Haven’t hunted this little since the last time fur prices were up. It is now or never. The next 6 to 8 weeks the deer will be rutting somewhere around here.

Hope everyone is well.

View attachment 251035
A beautiful sight. Good luck!

Way to avoid all the recent hunt talk commotion….

I love both of those. Especially the waffles with a little coffee!

No deer seen today. Spent all but a couple of hours of daylight posted up looking.

Did see a lone otter cross my shooting lane. Not odd to see the otter being I was on a major drainage, but the fact that it was obviously not a mature male and yet was all alone is kind of weird.

Hope everyone is well.

View attachment 251035
My buddy always used to say I can't wait to retire so I can go fully broke farming full time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back