Checking in from Virginia

50bowhunter

I've been lurking for about a month so I figured I'd introduce myself. I'm a 33 year old police officer (12 years), married with 2 kids. I discovered the forum from the hunt talk podcast. I mainly listen to Randy and the Meateater podcast to pass the time on night shifts. Ive killed deer, bear and turkey here in VA, but have never traveled out west. I was supposed to make my first trip this year with my dad, to hunt mule deer and antelope in WY. Unfortunately my second knee surgery in 3 years canceled those plans. Fortunately, it was just in time to get our money back from the applications. I'm planning to make the trip next year, so hopefully my knees will cooperate. We had scheduled a private ranch hunt for antelope and was going to hunt deer on public ground. I'm debating on whether to do the same thing, or attempt public land for both. Part of me would like something simple to get my feet wet, but the other part of me doesn't want to spend $1000 for access.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say hi, and hopefully can make some friends and learn a few things while I'm here.

Aaron

Welcome, what part of Va? Depending on how much time you have and how your knees feel, the private access may be worth the cost. Though, 1000 seems a bit steep unless it invluded more than access.

Welcome, what part of Va? Depending on how much time you have and how your knees feel, the private access may be worth the cost. Though, 1000 seems a bit steep unless it invluded more than access.

Wow, I wasn't expecting the first comment to be in the same county as me. I'm in Bridgewater.

Welcome to the forum! I grew up between Dayton and Harrisonburg. It's a small world...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back