cheap spring bear hunt

boat hunter

any of you guys looking for a cheap spring bear hunt on prince of whales
I had a last minute cancellation for the last week in may . It is an un guided rental package log cabin on the water 18'boat 4x4 toyota land cruiser .
are renters have a nearly 100% success rate everyone gets a chance. and you can catch shrimp and crab within sight of the cabin. I can also skin flesh,salt and ship your hides
I am offering this week for 09 for 2000.00 the cabin sleeps four so if you can find three freinds that's only 500.00 each

if anyone is interested let me know
907-530-7025
[email protected]

Oh I do, but man whats the plane tickets cost, that would kill me I am sure, but I might look into it.

Jose...you wanna go bear huntin'?

Done the Prince of Wales bear hunt. Great hunt and lots of fun. I like South East Alaska.

My dad has a nice big bear rug to show for our efforts. loved the hunt and would love to get back up there and do it again. I may have to show up uninvited on Del's doorstep if he rents the cabin.....

HAHA I would love too just dont want to spend any money, however I am thinking seriously about it cause of My fathers health isnt that well. we just found out, and we havent hunted together in 15years.

more info

The cabin is located in hollis Alaska about 40mi west of Ketchikan on prince of whales island. There is a ferry or float plane that runs daily between Ketchikan and hollis. The ferry is the cheapest way costing about $40 each way leaves kechikan at 3pm each day takes about 3hr.
There are no stores in hollis however you can purchase food and fuel in klawock about 20 miles from hollis.
During the spring mostly may and early june the bear like to feed on the new grass growing on the beaches The boat allows you to glass the shore lines and locate bear fearly easy. Hunting by boat you will also find a lot less competition from other hunters.

The rental package includes :
1 fully furnished log cabin cook ware,linen,phone,and running water
1 18’ all welded aluminum skiff self bailing deck four stroke Honda outboard safety equipment
1 4x4 toyota land cruiser
Crab pots shrimp pots and fishing poles
I can flesh salt and ship your bear at an additional charge of $200 plus actual shipping

You can see a few pic of the cabin boat and car at this link
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/570785996NyNYBI?vhost=outdoors

I've done this rental package with Gary and it is a great way to go. He is a very stand up guy and his equipment is top notch and the lodging is very comfortable and relaxing. This is a great deal. If I wasn't already booked that week, I would jump all over this.

Hay hondo thanks for the recomendation
haven't heard from you guys for a wile hope all well
were you going this year.

Boathunter,
Thanks for exchanging emails and the info, I just found out my Dad won't be able to do the hunt even if we wanted too. hes going to be layed up for a couple of months proballys starting next week. Hopefully if all goes well we can try it next year.

I'm not much of a bear hunting nut, but man, this looks like a great deal. A good time to be had for sure. Wish I had more time off.

I've hunted POW and that is a smoking good deal especially if you can line up a few friends to share the cost. Pretty hard to do it on your own, in a tent, for any less. Unless you are blind, crippled, and can't get out the door of the cabin, you will see bears.

Gary, we're doing very well. I'll be taking a little vacation in southern California the last week of May and the first week of June. Good to hear from you. I'm thinking it's about time to come and see you again spring of 2010.

I would love to go on that hunt.. Any takers? I probably should wait until the 15th to see how much the Gov. takes, but sounds like a great time. Anybody interested let me know.
Houston
[email protected]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back