Charli from the North Coast

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
Does a broken tooth suggest some brittle tooth defect? If not, why in the heck does that disqualify him from being an eligible breeding dog?
No, not really sure how he broke it. Could have been going after a bird in the rocks, hard to say.

They have to have all teeth present at their breed show when they are evaluated for proper bite. Most dogs go through a breed show at a year and a half to two years of age. He was three and a half.

No, not really sure how he broke it. Could have been going after a bird in the rocks, hard to say.

They have to have all teeth present at their breed show when they are evaluated for proper bite. Most dogs go through a breed show at a year and a half to two years of age. He was three and a half.
That is a bummer.

Enjoying the show. Always liked watching good dogs come along. Had to leave Molly at home yesterday for our 3-5 mile trail( not so much a run anymore.) Sugar is a year older but fewer joint issues. Regardless we’re going to be on the 1/2 day plan this fall. Catherine is getting concerned, reminded me that I’ll be 68 come chukar season, “are you sure you want another GSP?
For the time being I’ll continue to live vicariously thru your posts as you update your progress.

It is, but the breeding standards and system work.
I've never had any intention of having my griff sire a litter any ways, but he has a slight bite issue so that solidified it for me. Ran into some folks who had a female griff and they really liked my Sull and asked if I would consider breeding him with their female. Told them about the bite issue and they looked like me like I was from outer space. I wish more people were aware of breeding standards. Without them you end up with silver labs. 🤡🤡🤡

Doing hot dog tracks right now. I love the way she really sticks her nose down and works. I take pea size pieces and drop them in the grass so she can’t see them.

IMG_6499.jpeg

She’ll sit for over a minute now waiting to be released to eat.

Introduction to birds today. Things came together pretty quickly and by birds 5 and 6 we were seeing some good points.

Also did a fur drag with a rabbit, which she easily did.

We brought in gunfire during the bird work. She is really smart and has fantastic demeanor.

IMG_6562.jpegIMG_6561.jpeg

Introduction to birds today. Things came together pretty quickly and by birds 5 and 6 we were seeing some good points.

Also did a fur drag with a rabbit, which she easily did.

We brought in gunfire during the bird work. She is really smart and has fantastic demeanor.

View attachment 279426View attachment 279427
Cool thread. Fun to follow along.

Curious is that your own coop?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back