CHANGE in PLANS.. PART 2 !!

Moosie

Grand poopa
OK.. DS is going to put on the Cajan fest friday night instead of SAT night. We were going to town to eat ST night.. NOW we're deciding to BBQ at teh ranch. there are some 55 gal BBQ pits and other amenities there. We'll bring in the wood/coal ALL you need to do is bring your food for Sat night.

We've decided that with it gatting dark around 7:30 or 8:00 by the time we're off the mountains and drive into town, We'll miss dinner. The places closes at 9PM.

WELL... MAybe thats the last change.. MAybe not :cool:

That sounds ok with me Moose.What you thinking we should cook on the BBQ's??We may have lots of Sheep to eat by then :eek: ;) .Maybe someone can throw some suggestions out in the wind.We could try some chicken and baked beans maybe some salads.Cheeseburgers might be an option aswell. :confused: :confused:
Hey are we still doing the beer tasting contest??

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-23-2002 19:56: Message edited by: Kraven ]</font>

Sorry to hear you can't go Danr.....BUT guess what moosie.....I can use Danr's money and afford to go now :D :D :D :D :D

FLIPER, ARE ya really GOING ? IF the Exra $75 made the difference, ya should have jsut told me :D :D

No moosie I can't really go.To short of notice at work.Although I wished I had paid more attention to this when you were puttin it together,so I could have planned for it.

It sux too cause Danr just told me in chat to use his deposit and have a blast :D

Money wasn't an issue.....that was just me havin some fun.

But I am very interested in the AK hunt!!!!!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 03-23-2002 21:09: Message edited by: FLIPPER ]</font>

I figured you were JOshin/// OHH well.. :(

ANyway, AK will be fun :D :D

BACK to the topic, I will be cooking steak or chops or something. I don't think that I'll fire up or rely on the Sheep, Never know if anyone will get one.. ;)

Do we need to bring anything with us? Is there going to be a $$ fund to purchase something for it once we are there?

Just tell me something that is non-perishable and I will bring it with me.

Flipper I had made up a differnet route just to pick you up. Now you say you can't go. ;)

THE way I see it, I think Everyone should flip DS a few $$ becasue HE is providing Dinner FRIDAY night. SAt night you're all on your own. there will be coolers/freezers on the place so ya don't need to worry bout stuff going bad.

NUT, swing by and pick Flipper up anyway, His work /wife will never know :D :D

I have no problem giving DS some $$ for dinner on Friday night.I think it is really nice for him to offer to do this for all.The only other thing that was bugging me was about lunch and breakfasts.I guess that I can pick some stuff up at the Wal-Mart when we buy our licenses I guess.I can also bring some snacks from home.I got to have my food :D :D .

So you all are bringing food and money to buy food to Texas. I thought you all were supposed to be hunters.
Geez does that mean I have to bring food with me? I know I would with Nut's hunting :rolleyes: . But the rest of you all are supposed to be BIG BAD hunters of the upmost.
Tell ya what ...put a gun in my hand and I will kill the meal for Saturday.
:D

VIP, I tell ya what.. IF you wanted to TAKE Dan's spot, I'll pay the 2nd 1/2 of the deposit for you to get an animal.. YA might as well... You're going to be there...

And I think DAN already lost the deposit.. So.... :D

PS, LIKe I said, I eat Muffin, not muttin.

Ok, we cook our own food saturday night. You said nothing about the lunch in town, I'll cancel that reservation, right? Is the meal in town out now?

Moosie, DanR deposit is not gone, only if we let it go. I just talked to Pete.

You probably shoot quick when you see something don't you? That's good.

I'll have dry sausage from what I hunted for everyone to snack on. Its smoked and drying now, should be ready today or tomorrow. It can be taken to the blind.

Tom - is the one place still going to offer dry sausage in exchange for the carcasses? How far is it, and will it be possible to get it before leaving on Sunday?

Lunch in town can still be done, if a few want to do that. I'd be up for it.

The A-frame cabin has a refrigerator, so you can pick up food once you hit Texas and keep it there. Moosie and I got some sandwich stuff, chips, crackers and pop-tarts when we hit Walmart. We ate almost none of it... one sandwich each, I think, some chips and that was it. We went into town for dinner.

Wow A walmart boy am I going to get in big trouble. I heard there is a Bass pro shop there two really big trouble then. :D :D

Ok, I'm getting caught up with what you all talked about over the weekend. I just cancelled the Casa Falcon Restaurant group meal but told them some may come for lunch on saturday. They have a good buffet lunch with everything from salad to desert including drink.

Yes, the sausage trade out is still available. There is a new owner of Ingram Meat Processing. He has several different kinds of sausage that he will trade out. We pay to process our animal, he gives us the sausage that he has already made. If we all decided to do it, he would probably run out, but you were one of those who said you wanted to do this first.

Also, he does the European skull mounts at a good price, $90 I think unless its a big hog. The price is even better if we take 5 to him. We will get a 20% discount from Ingram Meat Processor, if we take them at least 5 animals. Someone will be available there, even though it is Easter weekend, they turned the drop off cooler off but have a pager number for us.

We can store the animals at Thompson's friday, saturday, and even till sunday, till we get 5 of us to get the discount.

Pickaleo's Taxidermy in Camp Wood is the best deal for shoulder mounts, if people want that.

The Viperess, the BassPro shop is in Dallas, right by the big airport at the northwest end of town, there's also one near Houston (in Katy on the west side) but that may be out of the way. There's some Wall's factory outlet stores in Texas too, like 5 or 6 of them. Hamilton has one, that's a little southwest of Dallas and straight north of San Antonio on highway 281, kind of the scenic route to get here. You go through Glenrose, TX where there are a bunch of dinasaur tracks in the river bed and a state park for it.

Also, the trailer house at Thompson's place is a little up the hill from the a-frame and has two rooms that each have one bunkbed. Other rooms have more beds in them. You and your guy can have privacy there if you stay at the ranch instead of in town.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back