Chamber Vacuum Sealer Bag Sizes

npaden

So I bit the bullet this year and bought a chamber vacuum sealer. The one I bought can handle up to 12"x15" bags.

The bags for these are cheap, but they come in packages of 500 or 1,000 so deciding on the sizes of bags to use is going to be important.

I was thinking of ordering 1,000 of the 8"x10", 1,000 of the 10"x13" and 250 of the 12"x14". All in 3 mil.

This sound like a good assortment that will probably last me the rest of my life?

Thanks, Nathan

I like your selection. I only have 8x10's and they work fine for fish and meat for 2 but for big cuts we have to use a suction type sealer. I'll be ordering some bigger chamber bags.

We always made our own bags out of the 8” and 11” rolls of the foodsaver suction type stuff. I measured a few and the 8x10 was about the most common followed by about 11x11. There was just one that looked bigger than would fit in the chamber. If I am successful on my general Wyoming elk tag next week I may do some weak review on here.

I ended up going ahead and ordering those sizes. 5 cents a bag for the 8x10, 8 cents a bag for the 10x13 and 14 cents a bag for the 12x14 since they were a smaller quantity.

I go through about 200-300 8x12 (quart) and maybe 25bags 12x16 (gallon) a year, and few 6x10 quart size.. I can get about 1.5 - 2lbs of meat in the quart size bag or a meal size portion +/-.

Thanks. Maybe I should see if I can switch to the 8x12 instead of the 8x10. We do all our ground meat in 2 pound sizes and sounds like that might be a bit of a squeeze for the 8x10 bags.

I just got a chamber sealer and really like it. Do you have a recommended source for the bags? Or a recommended thickness? I preferred the thicker but much more expensive bags for the regular vacuum sealers but don't know if it makes as much difference for the chamber sealers?

So I bit the bullet this year and bought a chamber vacuum sealer. The one I bought can handle up to 12"x15" bags.

The bags for these are cheap, but they come in packages of 500 or 1,000 so deciding on the sizes of bags to use is going to be important.

I was thinking of ordering 1,000 of the 8"x10", 1,000 of the 10"x13" and 250 of the 12"x14". All in 3 mil.

This sound like a good assortment that will probably last me the rest of my life?

Thanks, Nathan
How has the chamber sealer worked out for you? Is it worth the extra money?

I think so. The quality of the sealed product is significantly better and it seems quicker and easier. Only downside is that it is big and heavy. We keep it in our laundry room on top of our upright freezer and that works well to seal an occasional item, if we are butchering we bring it in and put it on the counter. I just asked my wife her opinion and she said “worth every penny”.

I just got a chamber sealer and really like it. Do you have a recommended source for the bags? Or a recommended thickness? I preferred the thicker but much more expensive bags for the regular vacuum sealers but don't know if it makes as much difference for the chamber sealers?
I missed this earlier.

I got my bags from https://vacuumsealersunlimited.com/...d=12691&hqid=9fc46d38d8b45c20c19be7141c9e46a3

I got the 3 mil thickness and they seem to work fine. Haven’t had a single failure in over a year. I had quite a few fail on the old food saver type bags.

I buy from here, prices are great and in my vacuum sealer they work awesome:

If you are willing to buy in larger batches the bags are about 5 cents cheaper. 14.8 cents for a 11"X13" 3 mil bag if you buy in 250 quantities from avid armor, and 9.5 cents if you buy from the place I linked in 1,000 bag quantities. It might take a few years to go through 1,000 bags though.

I know a few people who bought chamber vacs from Vevor under $400 and have been very happy. I do like the idea of being able to seal soups and other liquids.

Back