Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Cellular trail cameras

Wondering if any of you have any experience with cellular cameras. I’m wanting to get one to leave in Idaho this year when I leave after my elk hunt. I hunt the same area every year and there’s a water hole I’d like to have a camera on year round. I think it would be really cool to see what shows up throughout the year.
I’m not worried about it getting stolen but I am worried about finding a spot with good enough service to get the pictures out. I do have a couple local friends who could go check and move the camera need be.
Just wondering what everyone’s experiences are with these and what they recommend. THANKS!

A buddy of mine has the moultrie camera with separate cellular modem. It works well but even with lithium batteries, battery life isnt great. Pretty neat getting notifications on your phone with deer pics. I was looking to do the same in Wyoming this year as we live out of state and cellular cameras would be a great scouting tool. Primos and Moultrie have developed 'all in one' units at a good price, but to my knowledge they aren't available yet.

I have had this thought myself though it might be tough to find good elk country not on private land with cell service. I have a couple spots where I can get a bar or two of 3G, but those spots always seem to be on some exposed point not a great spot to hang a camera. Good luck sounds like a fun challenge!

I have had this thought myself though it might be tough to find good elk country not on private land with cell service. I have a couple spots where I can get a bar or two of 3G, but those spots always seem to be on some exposed point not a great spot to hang a camera. Good luck sounds like a fun challenge!
I’ve got the same exact issue, I’ve got a few spots I could set them and have enough service but they’re in areas that free range cattle frequent. I don’t want 500 pictures a month of cattle lol.
Then the spots where cattle aren’t a concern I doubt I’ll have enough service. Oh well it’ll be something fun to play with. I’m planning to get a solar panel to get rid of the battery life issue. Thanks for the responses guys!

I must have bought 4 of the spy point link evos last year. All but 1 got returned. They come with a free 30 day subscription. Most didn’t last the 30 days before they quit working.

I’m trying stealthcam this year.

I must have bought 4 of the spy point link evos last year. All but 1 got returned. They come with a free 30 day subscription. Most didn’t last the 30 days before they quit working.

I’m trying moultrie this year.

Careful what you buy. Apparently, some companies will no longer use 3G in the near future making many models obsolete.

I have a spy point link evo. I had to return the first one I bought, never got signal. The replacement has worked fine for over a year now.

You pretty much have to buy the solar panel and trickle charger to the rechargeable battery. Otherwise your replacing the batteries every 3 weeks. It’s kind of a pain to set up, but once it started working I was happy with it.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back