Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Cell Service Outage

rjthehunter

How many on here are without cell service now?

It's interesting that it seems to be concentrated at major cities.

No issues where I'm at, but I hear in the southern half of MN there's issues.

ATT laid of almost 11k workers last year..I am sure that has nothing to do with this. Since 2018 they have cut 40% of their workforce..As large as the outage its a software problem. Gonna be interesting to see how long it takes them to fix it....My Verizon is fine.

11 miles from Minnesota southern border, Verizon, no issues. I was on my phone at 4:15am sending emails and preparing for the day, no issues.

No issues at home but service around me can be so bad I might not even notice a problem

Spotty in Louisiana. Working from home today so want to give a big shoutout to Elon for hoodooing me into having to go ahead and work today…

So is the media blowing this out of proportion? If we use Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_network_operators_in_the_United_States Between the big three there are 506 about million lines. If we say that 100K are down. That is less than 0.002% of the lines. If a major storm rolls through any part of the country you will see more impacted lines.

I agree it is a problem for those impacted but is it really that bad in comparison to other events? I am not saying it should happen or a mistake was made. I am just having a hard time understanding why the media is portraying this like the end of days. It is highly probable that I don't have all the information to make an educated statement.

So is the media blowing this out of proportion? If we use Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_network_operators_in_the_United_States Between the big three there are 506 about million lines. If we say that 100K are down. That is less than 0.002% of the lines. If a major storm rolls through any part of the country you will see more impacted lines.

I agree it is a problem for those impacted but is it really that bad in comparison to other events? I am not saying it should happen or a mistake was made. I am just having a hard time understanding why the media is portraying this like the end of days. It is highly probable that I don't have all the information to make an educated statement.
The 100k is just ones that reported. I'd venture to guess that most people don't report it. Especially when they see the headlines in the news.

Ours was the same but reversed here in SE Oklahoma. Mine was out from when I got up around 5am till around 2pm wife never had a problem. Definitely thought it was weird two phones same plan only one effected.
Yeah I never had a problem but I never left the house until it was time to pick up my daughter.

Mine was down for about 5 minutes. My son away at college was down most of the day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back