Heres some pics of a bear we took in late Oct99
View

View

View

View

Great Pictures George
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I got to start getting some action shots.Or get somone to take pictures for me.
I have had to menny bear bail out of trees when we are trying to get pictures.So now I go in hook up dogs shoot the bear than take Pictures.

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey
View

tobey ,I know just what you mean about the action shots. That is usually my last thought at a bear tree. Bcat asked me the other day if I had any pics of bears in the tree. I went and looked and found about 5 !!! Most of my pics are of the bear,dogs,and hunter,after the kill. Just like bringing a video camera in. I have brought one in to probably 20 trees and have video of 1 bear being taken. When i get to a tree I just dont think of it with all thats going on.
This bear was a little different.Last day of the season in 99. The guy shooting is a friend of mine who manages the Outfitting and Custom shop for Thompsom Center Arms,he is a real hunter who I wasnt worried about.
Ran that bear with the only 2 dogs I had with us,Whiskey and Lady.5 hr run before they bayed him up solid in the rock cave.The bear went in through that little hole where the dogs are baying him. There was a crack where Bob is shooting that you could see the bear standing up for a head shot.Like Bob brags to all the TC Arms people,he is deadly at 6 feet.LOL
It was a really nice way to end the season that year.Haveing a good friend take a memorable bear.Not a huge one but one I am sure we will both remember forever.

George and Tobey,
I know exactly how ya feel..lol...a guy usually has a hunter and his thoughts are of getting dogs tied back...getting hunter in position etc.. would be real nice to have someone neutral on a hunt to video and take pics huh.....

------------------
CATMAN

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back