MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Carry sidearm? Radios in ID

broncridingirl

far enough Nor Cal to avoid traffic and people
Couple of questions about hunting during muzzleloader season in ID:

Is it legal to carry a pistol (or friend with no tag to carry a pistol or rifle) while hunting during muzzleloader season for protection? What about if you have a wolf tag and a muzzleloader tag?

What are communication laws? Are 2 way radios legal?

Any other tips about general regs in ID?

Thanks!!
Erin

Couple of questions about hunting during muzzleloader season in ID:

Is it legal to carry a pistol (or friend with no tag to carry a pistol or rifle) while hunting during muzzleloader season for protection? What about if you have a wolf tag and a muzzleloader tag?

What are communication laws? Are 2 way radios legal?

Any other tips about general regs in ID?

Thanks!!
Erin
People ask this question a lot with regard to bear hunting with a rifle during archery and muzzy elk and deer season.
Go easy on yourself and the wardens and just carry the muzzy. If you like carrying a pistol go for it. Having your friend carrying a rifle for you to use on a wolf isn’t illegal but it will put the Eye of Sauron on you, so to speak.

Be picky about the muzzleloader you buy. One little thing wrong will make them illegal.

I've carried a pistol off and on depending on where I am. My first thought on a bear would be the 1/2 inch wide 295 grain chunck of lead powered with 90 grains of powder before I pulled the pistol though...

My muzzle loader is accurate enough I would take a shot at a wolf 200 yards away. Buy a good one and you may not need a rifle depending on where you're hunting.

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back