Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Cargo trailer feedback needed

Going 70-75 down the highway loaded down a blowout sure sucks on a single in really bad elements. In the one I experienced it pulled us into the oncoming lane jackknifing. No thanks. Tandems pull 10x easier and straighter with major wind gusts all day or going over passes and through blizzards that you are guaranteed to have out west. I've had experiences with both single and tandem and IMO there is no comparison. Just my .02 though.

+1 on the tandem recommendation. Had a blowout on a single and it jackknifed. I have a tandem now & love it. Pulls much easier than the single and tracks straighter, hauls more weight safely. No comparison IMO.

I just bought a 7 x 14 tandem for the extra safety and breaks and 7' ceiling. Did it last year with 6 x 12. Not fun having to unload everything to get atv out, then put most gear back in. Now I put e track system with 2x4's to make an attic and most gear fits up there. Going to be nice this year.

Last edited:
I agree with the dual axle everyone is mentioning, much of the country you will drag a trailer out here is rough, weather sharp rocks, washouts, etc. having a second wheel on either side is bi insurance against broken bearings not just fried, broken springs, cut tires, etc. I am an expert at breaking things, I prefer the insurance of dual axles to limp in at least.

The single axle that have its really easy to overload. Looking to upgrade to a tandem axle this year. We camp on a county road in national forest, but we've been successful last couple of years. I wouldn't go without a trailer.

Last edited:
I have a 7x12 x 6’6” v nose and it is good for two people. If I were to do it again i would agree on a tandem and 14’. Always get the extra head room, you will want the space. Insulation is a must to help control noise and condensation for a good nights sleep. I would also recommend a small door in the v nose for your propane tanks to go in and out off, it just makes life easier. Also get a RV door with screen if you are buying new. You will like the screen door. Factory installed rv windows are a plus as well, makes it feel more roomy and gives you a second exit if there is a fire.

Last edited:
I just got back from one of my trips and pulled a 7x16' tandem axle trailer I converted. Insulated the walls and ceiling, put in lights. One fold up bed on the side and another across the back. Had two ATV's in there and it was tight length wise. The 16 foot only cost $150 more than a 14' and was money very well spent. Just got done putting a crank up vent in the ceiling and am trying to find a small narrow window to add more light inside. I have a removable furnace so I can get 2 wheelers in it. I put a 1" pipe thru the wall where the lp hose is connected and put threaded caps on both ends for travel. It runs off 12 volts so will be taking a couple (4) batterie with and a small generator in case I need to charge them. So far I'm very happy with it. Does it take gas to pull, yes but I can stop and sleep anywhere so it cuts the cost of a couple hotel rooms on trips.

I take my stock trailer loaded with quads and gear. i leave it camp and ride in everyday. You just have to use tour best judgment about the rough roads.
Take your trailer, you'll be happy you did..... Dont forget to pack your trailer bearings

Back