Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Car Detailing

Yup, always try and keep up on the detail with our vehicles. Will be giving them a full compound and polish this year, followed by a ceramic coating. Interiors get done much more frequently on both. Just ordered a steamer, which should help keeping the insides nicer.

I have to say that the reason I don't get things professionally detailed is because they put that dam oil on everything. It collects dirt and also ruins buttons and switches.
Try to keep our nice cars nice but we have kids so...
If your stuff comes back oily they used the wrong stuff. There are plenty of products that will give you a new car look and not leave it oily.

Yup, always try and keep up on the detail with our vehicles. Will be giving them a full compound and polish this year, followed by a ceramic coating. Interiors get done much more frequently on both. Just ordered a steamer, which should help keeping the insides nicer.
Love my steamer!! For the grease and dirt inbedded in plastics works great and tough stains. I just don't recommend on any leather. Had my own personal car, just a work beater impala had mice in it when I bought it. I wanted it all cleaned so I steamed every inch of it. Knowing it prob wasn't good for the leather. I was right made it hard, that being said I tripled my money on the car so I can't be too mad.

Detail? Oh yeah.
I'm on a remote ranch in NM.
I knock the mud clods off on the washboard roads.

Love my steamer!! For the grease and dirt inbedded in plastics works great and tough stains. I just don't recommend on any leather. Had my own personal car, just a work beater impala had mice in it when I bought it. I wanted it all cleaned so I steamed every inch of it. Knowing it prob wasn't good for the leather. I was right made it hard, that being said I tripled my money on the car so I can't be too mad.

For sure! I'm excited to use it for the coffee drips that seem to find every crevice or parting edge in the plastics.

For sure! I'm excited to use it for the coffee drips that seem to find every crevice or parting edge in the plastics.
Works great for that!! One side of cation as well is the writing on like the lock un lock or window up and down. Sometimes the steam can take those right off lol personal experience. You can always put a microfiber towl over the end too!

Try DA polisher for paint, works wonder on my rides. Keeps me out of trouble too coz it doesn't seem to have enough power to burn paint.

If your stuff comes back oily they used the wrong stuff. There are plenty of products that will give you a new car look and not leave it oily.
Anything oil based that you apply without totally removing will collect dust in cracks and seams. I have replaced a lot of switches and electric buttons tat were full or detail spray and dirt. I especially hate when they coat the engine and exterior plastics.
Might just be me though

Daughter is in tennis practice, so I took the opportunity to shine up my hunting truck while I wait.
20230314_184103_HDR.jpg

Anything oil based that you apply without totally removing will collect dust in cracks and seams. I have replaced a lot of switches and electric buttons tat were full or detail spray and dirt. I especially hate when they coat the engine and exterior plastics.
Might just be me though
It’s not just you. I’m the same way.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back