Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Cancer Benefit Gun Raffle

Fire_9

A buddy of mine in Colstrip has recently been diagnosed with hodgkin's lymphoma. To help offset his medial costs a few of us have decided to raffle off a rifle. Cortney is an outstanding member of our community and loving husband and father. He's the type of guy that would give you the shirt off his back.

Up for raffle is a semi custom 7 mag built by my brother and I at Four-0-Six Gunsmithing in Colstrip. Rifle will be built on a trued Rem 700 with a Benchmark barrel, HS precision stock, Timney Calvin Elite trigger, and will be Cerakoted. We have donated some of the components and all of the labor. All proceeds will go to Cortney and his family. Pics will be posted when the rifle is complete which should be in a week or two.

Tickets are 1 for $20 or 3 for $50. Payments can be mailed or made by Paypal. You can PM me for tickets or call Angelo @509-413-7438. Attached is the flier we have up around town.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Thank you

Angelo

Attachments

• Cancerflier.pdf
    92 KB · Views: 80
Rifle is complete and on display at our local Ace hardware in Colstrip, MT. Groups were shot prone with bipod and rear bag while shivering in the snow and cold. This was the first load tried so chances are the groups will improve with a little load work. Only one week left to get tickets!

7mm.jpg

groups.jpg

It looks like a hunt talker is going to packing a new rifle next season. Congrats to Tkaldahl2000 on winning the drawing.

It always amazes me how generous people can be. I'm happy to announce that we were able to raise $12,200 for Cortney.

A big thank you goes out to Tkaldahl2000, sbhooper, and oldillini for buying tickets for someone that they don't even know. The support is greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas!

I was amazed when my wife called to tell me that you had left a message. I was up on the Yellowstone trying to ambush some honkers, but they weren't cooperating. Heading in so I could pick up my tree stand I saw a mallard drake on a small puddle of open water. As I snuck closer he took off and I dropped him with the third shot. Jumping over the open water, my foot went through about 18 inches of snow and into some very cold water. That's when the phone rang. No geese, wet foot, fresh duck and a new rifle. I'll take that any day. With a little practice (read lots) I might be able to replicate those groups.

I was glad to contribute, and prayers for your buddies recovery are going up. Thanks Tony, and Merry Christmas.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back