Caribou Gear

Can any one ID this dog?

ELKCHSR

Any one of you dog guy's tell me what kind of dog this is?
We picked him up at the pound a while ago, he had a tag that said part lab and hound. Just wondering if you guy's could pick out breed types, or if he is just a '57'LOL..
He is growing very fast, I am guessing he is close to 60 pounds now and about 8 months old. He is lucky to be alive, they found him in Browning Mt. around the Indian res. he could have been some ones BBQ!!!
biggrin.gif

Charlie.thumb.jpg

!!!Charlie!!!
He is a very good dog, except for the fact he likes to eat every thing, and he gets car sick way to easy. All I have to do is put him in the back of the truck and he starts to drool all over the place..It's psycosematic...LMAO!!! The truck doesn't even have to be running..
biggrin.gif

Well, I thought I had saw them all!
Seriously, the liver and wite color, rounded ears with spots on the foot definately looks like the dame was for the most part English Springer Spanial! However, the frame and legs are the same as a young lab with some hound, (possibly walker) blood.

My best guess, is it it a cross with the majority of the blood being chocolate lab / English Spanial and the sire being hound. Best guess walker.
Anyway, it is a nice pup.
If the intellegence comes out it will show the majority being lab. The chewing being a trait of a hound and spanial.

hope that makes some sense.
Thump

That dog looks like every registered Cur dog I've ever seen.

So I'd say it's probably a purple ribbon registered American Leopard Cur dog.

I'd run an Ad in Bull Cry and sell it for $3500. Say something like, "Papered Cur dog for sale. Broke rig dog. Cold nosed rig dog for bear, will run a 2 day old lion track in the dirt hard and catches dry ground bobcats. $3500 firm." Or something along those lines and get some good money out of him.

Isn't that what everybody else does?
wink.gif

Thanks Thumper...My wife is definatly thankful for the info and it is really appricieated...
I alway's thought that 'Walker' was a horse, I suppose as much as the dog eats, it could very well have that trait to it, plus all the crap I find in the yard...LOL...
HoundDawg Welcome aboard Huntalk, Hope you stay around and post more...LOL...
wink.gif

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back