Camofire Sitka Gear

PrairieHunter

Never ceases to amaze me how much some guys will spend for gear. Even at 40% off there is no way. Must cost a couple grand for a full layered outfit from the coat, bibs, gloves, hat, base layers, pack, etc...

SaskHunter

lol. If you think it makes you a better hunter and can afford it by all means go for it.
He never said it made him a better hunter, he simply stated that good gear would allow him to stay in the field longer. It is a fact, GOOD gear, high end or not, helps you spend more time in the field in adverse weather.

belshawelk

I got places in Oregon you’ll wish you had Sitka or Kuiu.

I have hunted for years in average gear. Then I found out how much difference there is. Just a better bullet and caliber, it makes a difference.

mtmuley

I figured you were a field hunter. Is your preferred bait corn?
Seriously? How the Hell did you figure me for a "field hunter"? Only thing I've ever killed in a "field" was an antelope. No bait invoved. Baiting isn't really a Montana thing. mtmuley

Last edited:

belly-deep

Seriously? How the Hell did you figure me for a "field hunter"? Only thing I've ever killed in a "field" was an antelope. No bait invoved. Baiting isn't really a Montana thing. mtmuley
???

I thought we were joking around on this thread? Apparently only I was.

mtmuley

No problem. It happens!
Besides, I don't think I'd use corn. Personally I don't have any Sitka. There is other gear that works as well for a better price. It just doesn't have the cool hunting gear logo on it. mtmuley

brownbear932008

Hey it's like bass fisherman. You gotta show face on the lake and look like a pro even though you get blanked almost every time you hit the water. Having said that I like my life saving kuiu but I only own the outer layers.