Camo, important or not

A little hunting season camo pageantry at IHOP, WalMart, and Dairy Queen is one of the rites of fall.

I remember thinking I needed a Filson Mackinaw and Cabelas Legacy wool bibs for my first elk hunt, a 2nd rifle Colorado OTC couch fire. It was 80 degrees at 9000'. I still remember those stiff new Danners sandpapering a hole in my heels....

The real trick is to paint your truck white then get an orange triangular flag that sticks up about 2-3 feet above the truck. The antelope will think you're just another oil and gas man and pay you no attention. Other hunters will ignore you too.

White extended cab Ford F-250 with brush guard and a logo on the door.
There must be hundreds of them. We're tempted to rent one for our next antelope hunt. :D

I think.the only came that really works is hecs, I saw it work on one of their infomercials lol. Seriously I've shot plenty of antelope with a bow in jeans and t shirt

The real trick is to paint your truck white then get an orange triangular flag that sticks up about 2-3 feet above the truck. The antelope will think you're just another oil and gas man and pay you no attention. Other hunters will ignore you too.

This is definitely worth doing :)

You don't need camo to shoot from the truck window. Be sure not to let them see the silver flash from the Coors Light can, though. :D.

Camo is great for hunting ducks and turkeys and helpful for archery hunting most anything. Not that big a deal for the rest of it.

We're really ignoring the more important item - Footwear. You really need a good pair of flip flops to be considered a serious lope hunter.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back