Cammo...

Moosie

Grand poopa
the more AK video's I see the Less Camo I see, jsut wondering what your take is on it. I know the Hunting world is Overpopulated with Unnessisary Camo, but it seems that there isn't much of it going around except for the Silly out of staters that pop in
biggrin.gif

Don't know about up there, but over here, all the guides I know are wearing Wranglers and a Carhart coat toped off with a cap or a cowboy hat. I do not know if seeing more elk is partly due to wearing camo or just being in better elk country than before I wore the camo.

I'd rather see ya in Cammo than just wearing a PAN Moosie.
wink.gif

In regards to Alaska I dont know. The ones I see on TV do wear it but I havent seen any AK videos either. But I always think it is funny to always see the guides in blue jeans and the hunter fully decked out.
biggrin.gif

But I still wear mine because I look so good in it
tongue.gif

I never wore camo until caribou hunting last year. For the first few days I didn't wear any, but did later in the trip. It seemed to me that it helped. I sat for an hour as a bull grazed toward me unaware. I thought he was going to walk right up to me.

I believe the wind plays a far more important role, but when I go after caribou this year I'll be camo'ed up again...

David

You definately know when it's Bear season on POW Island. All the lower 48ers show up wearing camo. Many look like they just stepped out of a Cabela's cattledog.

In fact they wear it getting off the plane and to the restaurant and ...... just pis*es off a lot of locals when coupled with that arrogant attitude. Like we are a bunch of dumb flatlanders.

Funny .... I just went to the Turkey opener in California and my logger friend (that lives there) laughed at me when I got all decked out in Cammo including gloves and face mask. But those Turkey's can see very well and every one knows that. Well he just wore his every day logging clothes. T-shirt, riggen jeans and red suspenders. And guess what. He was the first to limit out at 3 Turkeys. I only got 2 and my son (another cammoed up hunter) got 0.

JohnnieMuskeg Excursions

LOL MUSKEG !!!! I ran into some rifle hunters that were Bugleing 2 years ago and They called me in, I felt a little silly, but I got pissed when they said "YAH, we even messed up on purpose a little and ya still came in"... fuggers were looking like Jackie Bushbitch on a Cammo advertisement. They asked were I came from and I told them...seems they took that way out I told them I got an elk the prior year.... THEY sure looked funny 5 miles from there camp walking the wrong way... As I passed them after I passed there rig, I didn't bother to stop.... thet story just goes with the Cabelas Arrogant comment... I am still pissed !!!!

Anyways, I own 3 toats of Camo, I know 1/2 the time I don't need it, but the material is usually better and ny time I go Afield I wear that. I'd NEVER get caught in the field with Jeans.. plumb SILLY !!! Wouldn't keep ya warm if gotten wet at all.

Any way.,. Thanx for the Info !!!

ELKHUNTER, I might get a pair of Pink Camo for a picture.. HUMMM that gives me another Idea
wink.gif

Muskeg,

The same scene is played out at the airport in Kodiak each Fall.
smile.gif
Lot's of hunters arriving off the jet wearing camo, as if the brownies are hanging around the luggage cart.

Gotta just smile and appreciate the humor.
smile.gif

I don't own any camo right now. (when I got out of the Army, I threw all my BDU junk out
smile.gif
) Had some in the past, but when it comes to hardcore outdoor clothing, I think mountain climbers, and other extreme sport type folks, have much better choices. I like Cabelas as much as the next guy, but prefer North Face or Mountain Hardware for rain gear. Of course, my Helly Hansen Impertect bibs are my all time favorite for rain pants.
biggrin.gif

MAybe I'll wear the camo in the plane (gonig 1st class
tongue.gif
) and then talk alot of trash... See what the locals think
wink.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back