Calling all .300 ultra mag owners.....

Thanks for the feedback guys. I really appreciate it.
I do shoot as often as I can . Between shooting and reloading, it helps me relax and sometimes forget a lot of the trouble life dumps on me.
I used to do a little more shooting years back. Was into competition for a couple years when I was very young. Mostly small caliber rifle and hand gun steel shoots.
Did a few high power sillouette shoots, but not in competition.

Last edited:
It's fun stuff! I really enjoy plinking plates at long ranges, just don't have enough time to get very serious about it. I've done a lot more shooting with my 22-250 and out to 700 yards just cuz it's a lot cheaper and easier shooting than the RUM. I've really been wanting to get out to 1000 with the RUM though.. Hopefully it'll happen soon!

Here in my region it's tough to find a place to shoot more than 600yrds and I rarely get to shoot past 500, and have to drive 45min. to do that.
But I can get to 300yrds. right here on my home range out back.
No substitute for practice, and practice often. But I really enjoy it, so certainly no trouble wanting to ,for me anyway.

Now, if I can just get this last round thing sorted, all will be well.

Got our rifles measured:

M70 was .748, .938 and 3.487
M700 was .658, .798 and 3.627 (I wonder if the difference from bakpakr and I are just errors between the two of us or if Rem has slightly changed specs over the years)?

I have one if the first RUMS made. Bought it in 2000. I"ll try to remember to measure it and compare. mtmuley

Hey guys,
I stopped by an old gun shop I know of that was at one time owned by a guy that did some smithing and custom work for alot of competition shooters.
With the info you guys gave me I started asking about a follower for the 700, in 300 ultra mag.

After some routing around the guy found one he had from a rifle that was converted to a single round feed comp gun for a costomer a long while back.
Got it for 10 bucks.
As soon as I got home I tried it out and not only did it fit with no modifications, it functions perfect!
Thanks again guys.
Now if it ever stops raining ,and I can slip away for a few hours, I can do some range time with it.

Back