PEAX Equipment

Callin Bears

HUNT2MUCH

Anybody had any luck callin bears with a mouth call??
I'm headed out on a horse trip tommorrow (to look for bears)and thought I might try Carltons bear call..can't hurt right??

It works for me but I use an electronic call. Fawn in distress is what brought two bears in for me. Call for a minimum of an hour and keep it up pretty steady. You don't want any long breaks in there or the bears will lose interest and stop coming.

worked for me on my 07 spring bear. came to us like he was on a string. cold calling works now and then...

cmc

Have never personally tried, but have had friends that have had success. Definitely can't hurt to try (unless the bear eats you).;)

I found out trying to cold call and keep the calll working is pretty tough.Here in Idaho you can't use an electronic call for big game. The trip was great,perfect weather no bad horse wrecks. We got in some pretty deep snow up high. We called in 3 coyotes on one set with a single later on. The bonus was a herd of elk at a water hole, a young one was running and splashing through the water just like a kid, obviously irritating it's mother..real cool. First spring trip into the hills feeeeels good!! Hopefully next weekend we can spot a critter to set up on. I WANNA BEAR RUG....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back