NEW SITKA Ambient 75

California mistress

Pliney is good, but I find myself going to Mind Circus from Russian River.
I tired all of them - 20+ at the Windsor brewery yesterday. I brought 6 pliney elder bottles and 4 of the pliney double dry hop cans back to MT. The regular pliney the elder is top shelf.

In the light of such dogshit hunting expeditions in MT these days, I decided to vacation in the name of alcoholism. Visited north of San Francisco, California for the tasting of fermented fruit juice. Most of it truly tasted like decade old communion swill, but yesterday we hit the gold mine. A place called Cakebread cellars in St. Helena - wow. Then, after trying a number of rotten beers, stumbled into an IPA that was worthy of another hours drive to the brewery to try everything they had, lots of real good beer. Russian River Brewing Co - they know what they're doing. Upper Echelon. It's like a MT elk hunter (bud light), hitting up the San Carlos Apache Indian Reservation for elk. Stayed in Calistoga. Not a bad getaway.

In the light of such dogshit hunting expeditions in MT these days, I decided to vacation in the name of alcoholism. Visited north of San Francisco, California for the tasting of fermented fruit juice. Most of it truly tasted like decade old communion swill, but yesterday we hit the gold mine. A place called Cakebread cellars in St. Helena - wow. Then, after trying a number of rotten beers, stumbled into an IPA that was worthy of another hours drive to the brewery to try everything they had, lots of real good beer. Russian River Brewing Co - they know what they're doing. Upper Echelon. It's like a MT elk hunter (bud light), hitting up the San Carlos Apache Indian Reservation for elk. Stayed in Calistoga. Not a bad getaway.

You should have gave me a heads up, I could have steered you to some solid spots. If you cross the golden gate and make it towards Santa Cruz, Sante Adairius and Humble Sea are awesome.

Cakebread is solid juice and they've been doing it well for a long time.

would have had i known you were a local there. crossed the golden gate twice while there, last night ended up on fisherman's wharf area.

I tired all of them - 20+ at the Windsor brewery yesterday. I brought 6 pliney elder bottles and 4 of the pliney double dry hop cans back to MT. The regular pliney the elder is top shelf.
OMG - my RRBC cred has waned since I finished a long engagement with a client in Marin 5 years ago (we went up to the Santa Rosa pub every Wednesday night for like 6 months) - but there is DDH Pliny in cans now?!?!

Willing to set up a trade with anyone nearby. Can send anything you need from CO that doesn't make it out there (Outer Range, Weldwerks, etc). We get some RRBC distribution here in CO but not very much (and less now that Falling Rock closed down).

Or Cellarmaker in SF where I spent most Tuesday nights during that stretch.

OMG - my RRBC cred has waned since I finished a long engagement with a client in Marin 5 years ago (we went up to the Santa Rosa pub every Wednesday night for like 6 months) - but there is DDH Pliny in cans now?!?!

Willing to set up a trade with anyone nearby. Can send anything you need from CO that doesn't make it out there (Outer Range, Weldwerks, etc). We get some RRBC distribution here in CO but not very much (and less now that Falling Rock closed down).

Or Cellarmaker in SF where I spent most Tuesday nights during that stretch.
Don’t be envious of my stash. I did a little googling and didn’t realize how notorious and in demand this stuff is..

F1FE5E38-49EF-453F-B3AF-96C48877613C.jpeg

Don’t be envious of my stash. I did a little googling and didn’t realize how notorious and in demand this stuff is..
We get plenty of regular Pliny and Blind Pig (which I prefer) in CO, to the point that it sits on shelves for a short while where it used to be (10 or so years ago) hidden in back and available only if you were in the know.

But the DDH version is new to me and sounds delicious. I will probably end up in Sacramento again in a couple weeks, will have to jaunt over to Santa Rosa/Windsor

It's a classic, but if you like that, you REALLY should try some of the IPA's coming out of New England these days from Breweries like:

Lawson's, Tree House, The Alchemist, Hill Farmstead, Upper Pass, Lost Nation and Burlington Beer Co. Colorado is pretty ridiculous these days, too...

Looks like a great trip buddy! I haven’t had the DDH but just noticed on their website it’s sold at a liquor store 2 blocks from my house!😁 Guess I’ll have to try it out this weekend at deer camp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back