California Desert Bighorn Tag increases

Huntin' Fool

Last 5 years have gone from 13 tags to 26 this year. Maybe 42 next? I have max points - If I live long enough, I'll get a tag.

2 auction tags going for $450,000 each look to be funding some research and transplanting.

Attachments

• Calif BighornSheep_signed.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
Nice to see a success story. It gets depressing hearing about how bad the sheep are doing in Nebraska, Dakotas, etc...
Yeah, there was a ewe in the SD Deadwood herd that died from getting stuck under a log. Talk about terrible luck for a struggling herd.

The Badlands herd is doing well though 👍

Last 5 years have gone from 13 tags to 26 this year. Maybe 42 next? I have max points - If I live long enough, I'll get a tag.

2 auction tags going for $450,000 each look to be funding some research and transplanting.

Is that how much the tags each went for last year at sheep show and the CA sheep show? Did they publish those numbers? I don't see them anywhere.

My bad -

This particular family has purchased this tag twice in the past three years spending approx. $400,000.00 on the two tags.

Hopefully they can keep up the trend with population and tag increases. One of the better units down here has had a bad die off this year.

Hopefully they can keep up the trend with population and tag increases. One of the better units down here has had a bad die off this year.
Sad to hear. I believe there is an article in the Wildlife Society Magazine about that die off. I need to read it to learn more but I believe it was linked to pneumonia.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zjzeuske
Back