PEAX Equipment

California Blacktails and fire

I don’t know about California, but here in Oregon areas that have burned in wildfires seem to be closed to public access for some years afterwards. There’s one spot I liked that was a great fishing hole, but in 2020 was part of a wildfire and it’s still closed to all access.

I don’t know about California, but here in Oregon areas that have burned in wildfires seem to be closed to public access for some years afterwards. There’s one spot I liked that was a great fishing hole, but in 2020 was part of a wildfire and it’s still closed to all access.
?? Is the area closed or is it that the roads are closed? I have never seen a burn area closed after the fire is out. I have seen roads closed because of hazard trees cause by the fire and have seen warning signs about hazards in a burn put up for anyone entering the area but not closure of the area.

?? Is the area closed or is it that the roads are closed? I have never seen a burn area closed after the fire is out. I have seen roads closed because of hazard trees cause by the fire and have seen warning signs about hazards in a burn put up for anyone entering the area but not closure of the area.
The regional BLM office has a map of areas that are closed to public access, and I’ve called them a few times over the past year to check if it’s open yet. Every time I’ve been told that the whole Holiday Farm fire footprint is still closed to the public. I’d love for that to be untrue though, so if you know somewhere else to confirm if it’s open, please send me the info!

You are right, all those big burns on the Willamette NF are indeed closed. I stand corrected. It must have something to do with the personal feelings of the Forest Supervisor on the Willamette. You don't see the other forests in the state closing Burn areas.

You are right, all those big burns on the Willamette NF are indeed closed. I stand corrected. It must have something to do with the personal feelings of the Forest Supervisor on the Willamette. You don't see the other forests in the state closing Burn areas.
That’s good to know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back