Cabella's Outfitter BOOts

Calif. Hunter

I bought a pair of Cabella's Outfitter series boots for my trip to Montana this year, and they worked out great! The "word" is that they are made by Danner...I don't know about that, but I know they kept my feet warm and dry in temps down to 17 below zero. Also, they felt broken in already the first time I put them on. They have the "air bob" or "bob cat" sole on them, and traction was great. The only problem was when it got REALLY cold, the soles got stiff and wouldn't bend to clean themselves out. But this was only when it got below zero. These were the 11-inch tall boots with 1000 gr of Thinsulite. Best boots I ever bought. By the way, the guide I was with recommended LL Bean pacs with the "chain tread" for the extreme cold. Just thought I 'd pass along a note on some good boots.

Hello Calif. Hunter, we meet again.
I got a pair of Cabalas outfitters also, only
I got the 9" w/ 200 grm ins.
I love em. As you say, a very heavy duty well made boot.
I've had mine in weather down to about 25% and feet were warm and tosty.
These are not light weight boots, but any boot thats built to take on the rough terrain
isn't going to be very light.

the outfitters are very good boots, i too have the 9" 200 gram thin. and love them! if you look in the cabelas catalog and look at the cut of the boot then turn to the page where they sell danners and look at there "duty boots" i believe there the exact same cut! iv also herd they were made by danner, but regardless of name there tough boots!. Cabelas subcontracts quality manufactureres for their products and will stand behind them. just my .02

------------------
"in the Spring we Strut and in the Fall we Rut"
ff1158a8.gif.orig.gif

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back