Cabelas/Bass Pro & Sitka?

TexAg09

I've noticed that I can't find any Sitka gear in my closest Bass Pro (I haven't been by my closest Cabelas in a while), and they have limited sizes and items available online. Anyone know if they are phasing out Sitka gear? I've notice they have stopped carrying other brands since the buyout. Will they stop carrying Sitka?

Our local Bass Pro in NC normally carries big game sub-alpine but I noticed the other day they switched to the Sitka whitetail line, and didn't have much of it

Bass pro/ cabelas still have a decent selection of fishing gear... but other than that not much else. Seems like 85% of there merch doesn't have anything to do with hunting/fishing/camping... not sure why they devote 30% of their floor space to khakis and polo shirts, meanwhile it's increasing hard to find things like preformance clothing, reloadind supplies, ammo, game bags, back packs, any kind of decent boots etc etc etc.

Bass pro/ cabelas still have a decent selection of fishing gear... but other than that not much else. Seems like 85% of there merch doesn't have anything to do with hunting/fishing/camping... not sure why they devote 30% of their floor space to khakis and polo shirts, meanwhile it's increasing hard to find things like preformance clothing, reloadind supplies, ammo, game bags, back packs, any kind of decent boots etc etc etc.

yep. they cater to the hip crowd that want to look like an outdoorsman but most have never set foot in the woods. I find myself either ordering all my gear or going to a locally owned outfit. I have not been in cabelas or bass pro but probably once in the past 3 years and we have one less than 20 minutes from my house.

yep. they cater to the hip crowd that want to look like an outdoorsman but most have never set foot in the woods. I find myself either ordering all my gear or going to a locally owned outfit. I have not been in cabelas or bass pro but probably once in the past 3 years and we have one less than 20 minutes from my house.

Same here, I buy most everything on line but check out Sportsmans Warehouse from time to time. I havent been in a cabelas in a few years. It's just like a big walmart now.

We've got a Bass Pro about 10 minutes of the house, but I'll either drive the extra 20 mins to Sportsmans or just order online. The few times I've been to Bass Pro, I've mostly gone to try something they might have in stock, and then buy it somewhere else. 95% of the time we walk out empty handed, or at most I'll grab a mexican coke on the way out

Like 338, I’m in NC and sitka stuff is pretty slim at my store too. I have Cabelas about 30 miles away in SC. Last year they had a surprisingly large amount of sitka stuff in Elevated and Subalpine, even a bunch of womens stuff. This year they’re each carrying maybe 2 racks, 90% Elevated. Disappointing to say the least. After the buyout, lots of high end stuff went away.

Bass Pro and Cabelas are way overpriced,never shopped there,never will.
Sportsmans Warehouse is my go to store.Even though the don't open
until 9am. in Az.!Heck I,m ready for lunch and headed home by 9am. 🔥

Our Cabela’s has been disappointing for much longer than since the merger. Seems our store never has anything in stock and I have to order it.
I have noticed other brands disappearing such as meindl. Not all bad since the Cabela’s branded meindls started getting pretty poor quality as compared with the original ones I bought many years ago.

Yeah last time I went to my cabelas they had as much sitka as ever before, that was about a month ago. I wouldnt very suprised if they are phasing it out for Red Head gear. That's what they seem to be doing with the Cableas line. Personally I have been extremely disappointed since they eliminated barging caves. I used to go in there once a week to check out what they had and usually I would find something else in the full process store too.

Yeah, I hardly ever go to Bass Pro, but they are close by and have a good Santa for my son to visit (photo op). If I go to either it's to Cabelas a little farther down the road in the opposite direction, but even that is scarce these days. I was just telling my wife that Bass Pro is for "Bubba who thinks he's a big bad hunter, but would never hack it in the backcountry." LOL I'm just sitting on a pretty good amount of Cabela's points, and need a new rain jacket. I thought it might be able to unload the points and get a new cloudburst jacket, but no such luck. Maybe someone might have some inside info on this? Cough Bigfin Cough Cough...LOL

Agreed. Cabela’s like a Dick’s that still sells .223 ammo and ARs.

Still stop there to get 2 cents worth of points I’m gonna get back on a $15 box of shotgun shells all the time tho cause I’m an absolute dummy.

Second Sportsman's Warehouse if you have one in your area.
Luckily they built a Sportsmans at the end of our street!Can't get out of town without passing
right by it.Truck seems to find itself in the parking lot quiet often. 🔥

Last time I was in the Cabelas here I wanted to look at optics. Couldn't get anyone to open up the case, they were all up front pushing credit cards.

Luckily they built a Sportsmans at the end of our street!Can't get out of town without passing
right by it.Truck seems to find itself in the parking lot quiet often. 🔥
I don't know how I feel about that. On one hand, that's incredibly convenient... On the other hand, that's incredibly dangerous for the ol' checking account...

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back