Yeti GOBOX Collection

BX-5 Santiam 10x42… worthy upgrade??

MtnElk

Saw that several outlets have the BX-5 10x42 at 20% off at 799$? Anyone have these and love them? Worth it? Currently using VorTex Diamondback HD 10x42

Last edited by a moderator:
My hunting partner has a set of BX-4 12’s. I like them, and am in the same boat of wanting to upgrade from my crap-tastic Vortex 10’s.

My plan is to just save the money up and go whole hog on a pair of Zeiss or Swaro’s. But a sale like that doesn’t
make it easy.

My hunting partner has a set of BX-4 12’s. I like them, and am in the same boat of wanting to upgrade from my crap-tastic Vortex 10’s.

My plan is to just save the money up and go whole hog on a pair of Zeiss or Swaro’s. But a sale like that doesn’t
make it easy.
Same exact plan, but this sale is tempting.

I have BX-5s. I really love them. I got a deal for $800 in 2020 and think it was well worth the money. But I should say that I’ve never even held a pair of Swaros or other high end European glass. The BX-5s are the most expensive things my eyes have ever looked through so I can’t compare them to what you get for more money. I can just say they are amazing compared to all the just average binos I’ve used and I am happy with my purchase.

I have a pair of BX-5 Santiums in 15x. I like them but they aren’t even close in clarity to my Swarovskis

make it easy.
I know a guy that has a set of bx4 12’s he is planning to list for sale any day. NIB

Yet another gentle nudge from Sportsman's to buy on sale optics... but I've been convinced that Swaro 12's are the way to go. Should we start a support group to make sure we don't get distracted? ha

If you can hold steady and keep saving until you can get what you really want, I think you’ll be really glad that you did. Maybe the juice isn’t worth the squeeze for some folks, but I saved my fun-money for months, sold my old binos and my spotter, and my family chipped in at Christmas last year so that I could get the 12x NLs. I honestly doubt I’ll ever buy another pair of binos.

And now I just have to save for like four or five years and I’ll be able to buy a spotter. Ha.

If you can hold steady and keep saving until you can get what you really want, I think you’ll be really glad that you did. Maybe the juice isn’t worth the squeeze for some folks, but I saved my fun-money for months, sold my old binos and my spotter, and my family chipped in at Christmas last year so that I could get the 12x NLs. I honestly doubt I’ll ever buy another pair of binos.

And now I just have to save for like four or five years and I’ll be able to buy a spotter. Ha.
welp... after a long conversation (read: Shark Tank like pitch) with the wife, showing her this thread and some of the crazy crisp shots @Dsnow9 sent me... I bit the bullet and ordered the NL pure 12s. Feels like I got violated, but I know it will be worth it

welp... after a long conversation (read: Shark Tank like pitch) with the wife, showing her this thread and some of the crazy crisp shots @Dsnow9 sent me... I bit the bullet and ordered the NL pure 12s. Feels like I got violated, but I know it will be worth it

The price is a lot to stomach, but now you won’t have to wonder again.

Back