BuzzH

Nemont

Hey Buzz,

Just saw you guys got pounded over the weekend. Hope you don't wash away in all that moisture. A freak snow storm in June, don't you just love living in the west.

Good luck.

Nemont
June 6, 2005

After heavy snow, flooding in Laramie
Associated Press

LARAMIE -- Minor flooding along the Laramie River on Monday followed a weekend of heavy rain and a freak snowstorm that brought down tree limbs all over town.

The National Weather Service issued a flood warning Monday morning as the river rose above flood stage, or 5 feet. The river was forecast to crest at 5.8 feet around 6 a.m. Tuesday.

Some flooding occurred not far from Wyoming 230 southwest of town, according to the Police Department.

But no problems were reported. "We've only had a few people call in who are concerned about the water level, but nothing major," Albany County Undersheriff John Fanning said.

After a rainy Friday, snow fell Saturday morning. As much as 10 inches of snow fell just east of Laramie and Interstate 80 was closed from Sinclair to Cheyenne.

Six inches fell on Laramie. The snow piled on tree leaves and broke off branches.

About 8,000 Laramie residents lost power Saturday

Nemont,

Laramie was a mess, broken trees everywhere.

We lost power for about 8 hours on Saturday, no big deal.

Being a natural resource major...my house will not be flooding anytime soon. I paid attention in Hydrology.

BuzzH,

Good to hear that you planned ahead. Too bad about Laramie but you can't really complain about moisture in this country. Good luck, stay dry.

Nemont

I feel for ya Buzz, just had the 4th day of rain here in 30 months. People look at ya funny when ya tell 'im that where I come from 20 metres a year is not exceptional..

The way this spring is going I think SLC was transposed for Portland! It won't stop raining!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back