Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Buying Guns Online

Bowhuntrben

I am considering buying a new rifle for my wife. I found one I like on budsgunshop.com. I've never bought a gun online and was just wondering if anybody has experience using this place? Good experience or bad experience?

Thanks!

Is this place in Maryland? I believe bought a biathlon rifle from them about 3 years ago thru Gunbroker.com. I was satisfied. They are a big outfit - in this case they had bought about 50 rifles from a club in Germany.

Buds is very prompt in my experience, the variable is how good the FFL holder is on your end as they have to get everything to Buds in a timely fashion.

Google “gun genie” and that works really well if you don’t have a relationship with an FFL.

I normally like to buy local if I can but I did buy rifle from Buds back in August because it was the only place I could find that had one in the caliber I wanted. The process went fine. What helped me is that I was able to get some recommendations on a good FFL that a couple of guys at my church had used for online purchases previously. They happened to be on Buds list of preferred dealers.

I start with my neighborhood gun shop, but if they can't get want I need I buy online. Have had plenty of success and no problems. I use my local gun shop as my FFL. I have purchased via Bud's, Sportsman'sGuide, and any number of smaller shops with online inventories. YMMV.

I've used Bud's, CheaperThanDirt, and GunBroker. GunBroker was kind of a pain as it was small shop to small shop, but the other 2 were a piece of cake as long as you have a good FFL to have it shipped and transferred through.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back