Caribou Gear Tarp

Buyer thinks I sold a defective rifle

WalkingBird

Backstory: I decided that I no longer wanted my rifle and that I was going to sell it, plus the scope it wore and all the ammo I had for it.

I post it on a local outdoor forum and someone buys it all for the asking price

the next day, he claims it won’t eject spent shells and is defective and asks for a refund.

admittedly, I haven’t shot the rifle since the Pre-covid era, but I’ve never had any issues with the rifle whatsoever since day 1. Should I honor his defective status and give him the refund? This is the first time I’ve ever had this issue and have no clue how to proceed

Meet at the range, bring your own ammo. sure is odd that a rifle that worked perfectly suddenly no longer works perfectly.

I had a problem with spent shells not ejecting from a rifle. It turned out it was a bad box of shells. Never had a problem before that box of shells and never after. So that's the first thig I would have him check out.

I consider any rifle I buy or sell as an “As is” sale unless it’s a major issue.

My son bought an old Mauser that we couldn’t get the trigger to work. Seller said I was working it wrong. A few back and forth messages and I figured it out.

A rifle not ejecting rounds would be minor to me. It can be corrected with a little finessing. If it requires smith work, I might ask the guy to pay/split the fee.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back