Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

? Bushnell Yardage Pro lazer range-finding binoculars ?

KC

This weekend there will be a sale at Galyands in my home town. I can get 25% off on those lazer range-finding binoculars.

Has anybody used them? They seem heavy and awkward. Are they worth the weight and bulk?

KC

Never used that type but sure do love my Lieca 800

Moosie:

No. I decided that I didn't need to go that high tech and I just didn't like the feel of them. Too big and bulky. You would have to carry them in your day pack, which would mean that you might not use them as often as you should.

I bought a pair of those new Leupold "Katmai" 10x30 compact binos. The optics are incredible and they are small enough to fit in a hip pocket. Almost no wiggle. No range-finding capability, but I've gotten along without a range finder for 40 years. So maybe I can make it for a little longer.

KC

Good choice, that way when you shoot a bunch of B&C size animals, they will count. The electronics of range finding is not B&C allowable, right?

Tom:

I don't know how B&C looks upon lazer range finders. I don't see that it should make a difference. Using lazer range finders just prevent you from taking a shot that's too long. Why should that not be allowed?

KC

To my knowledge, the only electronics refused by B&C is electronic communication used to locate animals of enhance a stalk.. No radio talk!! Other than that and nightsights where not legal, I am not aware of any restrictions.

:cool:

I guess I was remembering this Pope and Young statement, not a B&C one.
It is a safer kill, I agree with that. But does it qualify as "use of electronic device" to guide the hunter (i.e. his arrow) to the game. P&Y doesn't like that, if an electronic rangefinder meets it.

Here's their words.
"By the use of electronic devices for attracting, locating, or pursuing game or guiding the hunter to such game, or by the use of a bow or arrow to which any electronic device is attached."

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back