Bushfire Season is Upon Us

OzzyDave

We’re not out of our winter (fall) yet and already the bushfires have started. This one is on a small island about half hour from my place - A controlled burn that has got out of control. 2 days in and it’s still not under control. The area it’s burning in is uninhabited and authorities have said “no threat to homes or infastructure”.
It’s been a shocking year for lack of rainfall, with about 70% of our state still drought declared. To top it off this week the winds have picked up.

Attachments

• E3A1E650-FA0E-45A6-8C85-C3A27D0A8ECF.jpeg
    E3A1E650-FA0E-45A6-8C85-C3A27D0A8ECF.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 8
I’m in Queensland, on the east coast.
No rain on the forecasts for at least the next month or so. Some towns have enough water to last until December only, then they will need to truck it in.

I never really paid lots of attention to wild fires, until my kid went to work for a fire crew. He was just telling me yesterday, how bad your fires are. Lots of bad ones all over the world right now. Rain forest is burning, Australia is burning and Alaska has been on fire all summer. The only place that is not burning up right now, is California and it is probably only a matter of time with them. Good luck.

Been in wild-land fire for over 42 years. Our season has been very slow and smoke free which I'm loving it.
I remember the summer the whole west was on fire and the Ozzy's came over to help us out.
We've sent some people over to help our Ozzy friends out over the years.
Good luck OzzyDave hope the rain arrive soon and a lot of it.

Funny enough, there is a chunk of trees and other plants here, that need fire to propagate.
It will rain again some time.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fred Powell Sr
Back