Burris Warranty & CS

elkhnter

Had to send a E1 back in because the focus knob wouldn’t turn.
Within a week, got an email stating that it couldn’t be repaired so they would replace it. Point for Burris.
It also stated that that scope was out of stock, so it would be a week or 2.
Three weeks later, I messaged them and was told they would be shipping the next week. That was 8/31.
Called yesterday because, still no scope. Was told it might be a couple more weeks before they had them back in to ship. Not sure what’s going on, but I’m sure it’s a Covid thing.
If this drags on much longer, I’ll be looking for a Leupold to drop on the A-bolt and move on.
Anyone else having issues with warranties being filled? Not really complaining, just tired of waiting and over everything being blamed on Covid.

Save yourself the head ache and put a Leupold on that a-bolt. When you do receive the replacement scope, sell it!

I had the same poor CS twice and that was enough for me to get rid of almost all the Burris optics that I owned. Burris Euro Diamond binos fogged during a Mtn goat hunt. Received a new replacement after 2 1/2 months of phone calls and emails. The replacement binos had a bad set of lenses in one barrel. 2 months later I received the second replacement....that I sold unopened. Same, same with a Burris top-end scope.

Good luck!

Just range ‘em, and eliminate ‘em!

Every time I hear Burris I think of that sweet scope. Sorry about your experience, CS for outdoor related products is always a nail biter close to hunting season.

I've never done a warranty with Burris, but this does bring to my @schmalts thread about inventories everywhere being exceptionally low.

Possibly those scopes are made overseas and they literately don't have one is stock to send you... 🤷‍♂️

All the being said my next scope will be a leupold.
Then I wish they’d tell me that, not constantly saying that it’ll go out next week.
I don’t need it, just wanting to work up a 7 mag load for it.

Still no scope!
There will be a Burris on eBay the day after it gets here. Won’t even put it on here cause I like you guys too much. I’m tired of this.
Get a Leupold and be done with it. Thinking about another VX5HD, that should work nicely on a A-bolt 7 mag!

Still no scope!
There will be a Burris on eBay the day after it gets here. Won’t even put it on here cause I like you guys too much. I’m tired of this.
Get a Leupold and be done with it. Thinking about another VX5HD, that should work nicely on a A-bolt 7 mag!

the replacement is on the way....the container ship may have sunk off the coast in the Philippines 🤣

If it is coming by US Postal Service, you might have a long wait. I constantly have my packages sit in Baton Rouge (30 miles away) for two days, then go past me to New Orleans, then go to Memphis, then to Dallas then back to Baton Rouge. I will get it two days after Baton Rouge scans it for the second time. My mail carrier says it is due to Covid. Good choice on the Leupold, just have it shipped FedEx or UPS-I never had a problem with them.

Still no scope!

Wow! That's not too good... I would think Burris would be better than that. But, everything is Covid no matter what it is...

Still no scope. Thought the Forever Warrant meant it was good forever, not that it takes FOREVER!
After sitting on hold for 21 minutes, the CS said they have no idea when I’ll get the scope. Said there are people who have been waiting since April!

Had a friend with a Burris scope call me last weekend about how his rifle wouldn't hit the same place twice with the new loads we developed a month prior. I looked at it and noticed that even though the adjustment dials were square the reticle was canted about 15 degrees.

I had him read this thread and he decided Burris wasn't even worth the effort. We threw that piece of junk out and he bought a Leupold. Bummer this is turning into a waiting game.

I have an old Burris scope that I really like. It is accurate and heck and keeps it's setting. But, unfortunately it does not keep focus too well and has the fish eye when looking through it. It didn't bother me too much until this past week hunting. I'll probably put a new Leupold or a Vortex on the rifle. I'll still send the Burris in and try to work with the warranty just because. If I ever get it back, I'll have a back up.
Burris customer service should be better than the reported experiences here in this post. It's a shame they are having these issues...

Little update.
Got an email on 10/26 saying the scope had shipped, complete with a USPS tracking number.
I was in South Dakota then until last night. Keep checking the number with no results.
Went to pick up my mail today and no scope.
Got on the phone to Burris. Caller 9, so gave call back number. After a 4 hour wait, got the call back.
Told my story, put on hold for 10 minutes, guy came back on and said “ Don’t know what happened “. Promised I’d get an email telling me when I’d get the scope.
Got the email, says it was overnighted FedEx.
Not holding my breath, but we’ll see what happens tomorrow!

Back