Caribou Gear

Burris Speedbead Experience

shannerdrake

Anyone on here have experience with a Burris Speedbead setup? It's the one that mounts between the stock and receiver to keep the optic as low as possible and without mounting on the receiver.

I have a Benelli SBEII that is my one shotgun "to rule the world" and I prefer to use it for everything. For various reasons, I really like the idea of a small optic like a Burris FastFire for turkey hunting and smoothbore slugs for deer drives. However, I'm used to traditional use of a bead for wingshooting.

So a couple questions - anyone on here have any experience using a small holo sight for wingshooting? It seems foreign to me, but I know some do it.

Secondly, anyone on here have any direct experience with the Speedbead mount? Namely, will it take and hold zero and then return to zero if removed? I am tempted to use it for deer and turkey season, but remove it for wingshooting, but I don't want to re-zero every time.

I have the SBEII with the speedbead and the Fastfire 3. Great for turkeys and I have killed several ducks shooting it. I love it. Never take it off.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back