Bugle calls

Called in a lot of bulls with duel... but you can’t beat the versatility of a reed and tube. You ever try watching videos? Rocky Mountain calls and elk 101 make some youtube videos that are excellent. The ability to cow call and bugle with just one call in your mouth can be a huge advantage.

Called in a lot of bulls with duel... but you can’t beat the versatility of a reed and tube. You ever try watching videos? Rocky Mountain calls and elk 101 make some youtube videos that are excellent. The ability to cow call and bugle with just one call in your mouth can be a huge advantage.

I have watched a few videos but haven't dove into them 100%. I have had the same experience with turkey calls....i jist can't seem to get the sound right.

I have watched a few videos but haven't dove into them 100%. I have had the same experience with turkey calls....i jist can't seem to get the sound right.

Calling is all about controlling air no matter what call you use. You need to learn to use your diaphragm to control the air. As for diaphragm reed calls it’s important to find one that fits the roof of your mouth, next practice tongue placement to get the sound.

This video is great and these are the calls I use

https://youtu.be/VITaRJNVuyQ

Last edited:
I use the primos terminator was really easy to use. I know my neighbors in college hated me for the month of august I practiced.

Calling is all about controlling air no matter what call you use. You need to learn to use your diaphragm to control the air. As for diaphragm reed calls it’s important to find one that fits the roof of your mouth, next practice tongue placement to get the sound.

This video is great and these are the calls I use

https://youtu.be/VITaRJNVuyQ

Your advice has made a huge difference with my ability to use a reed!! Thank you!!

I got one of the rocket mountain elk calls select-a-bull calls that has the reed with the bite thingy. I think it is very easy to use. Now I might get in the woods and scare every elk in there away with what I’m telling them but feel the call is easy to use.

Years ago I picked up an ELK inc power bugle that sounds good but is not very easy to use. Diaphragms are definitely the way to go but I have a big chunk of metal across the roof of my mouth that just won't seal right so I have to use the externals. Don't give up without trying a lot of different diaphragms because if you can figure it out, you can do it forever.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back